Associate Manager, Claims and Product ExperienceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11989 Apply
- Create a culture of consumer centric technical storytelling that fuels a robust innovation and claims pipeline, through partnering with marketing, market research, RD&E
- Deliver claims strategies for key brands
- Guide the development of key product attributes and features that meet or exceed consumers’ expectations by advancing the consumer product experience capability for SCJ through strategic competitive assessment program and test method excellence
- Lead the development of product claims, demos with robust substantiation
- Advance claims capability of the total organization through claims thought leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a strategic view of SCJ’s product portfolio through the lens of claims and product experience, relative to key competitors.
- Identify and deliver novel claims and strong technical/product experience insights that drive opportunities for business growth.
- Identify, assess and execute strategies to close gaps in claims vs. competitive set for a global category.
- Monitor key competitive activity that could impact category.
- Strengthen claims and product experience test protocol and substantiation capabilities.
- Steward a process of ongoing competitive assessments of SCJ products in key markets vs competitive set – in performance, consumer preference and sensory attributes. Harvest these assessments to create fuel for claims opportunities and to influence category innovation strategy.
- Strengthen RD&E product experience (product guidance research and sensory) capability to ensure optimum level of product knowledge and claims support.
- Develop effective test methods that will correlate with sensory and consumer research.
- Steward the development of multiple compelling product demonstrations and strengthen SCJ’s capability to create and communicate product benefits that are grounded in brand north stars.
- Lead the formal claims development process in their respective business, including helping teams generate product claim stories that connect to consumer problems to solve.
- Work with Legal and Regulatory teams to execute and support the claims development process for various brands.
- The successful candidate will interact strongly with product science, technology, and various expertise groups to create and drive deep product understanding/insights and new claims, as well as new insightful testing methods to our businesses. In addition, s/he should have the desire to build a network of academic, technical, and industry external professionals, to maintain and expand our expertise & authority programs in SCJ.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in sciences, business, psychology or related fields and five years of progressive experience or Master’s or advanced degree with 3 years experience of working with cross functional business partners.
- Experience working in R&D, marketing or consumer insights
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working in the CPG industry in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Influential claims, consumer science and sensory leadership with strongly related industry contacts
- Proven track record of combining claims, sensory, consumer science/insights and/or products research skills to help bring products to commercial success.
- Demonstrated ability to improve claims and technical product insights capabilities that impact the business
- Ability and openness to seamlessly work across the 5 business categories at SCJ.
- Ability to understand how brand and product messaging works together
- Full time
- 8 hours day, 5 days of the week
- 10-15% travel
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.