Associate Manager, Claims and Product ExperienceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14483 Apply
You’ll be part of a team that is a connector and catalyst between the commercial and technical teams. Our mission is to clarify the strategic brand direction and bring our product and brand advantages to life in a consistent and meaningful way to win the shopper and the customer every day. You will have an exciting opportunity to work across multiple businesses and different product forms. We need someone with a strong business acumen, consumer data fluency, and the utilization of both traditional and creative, new consumer learning techniques to uncover insights that can be applied to product communication and innovation. You will also participate on and mentor cross-functional teams!
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with cross-functional team to develop a pipeline of ideas for new product development.
- Leads and contributes to strategic development of new items by identifying opportunities, contributing creatively through new product ideation, and delivering consumer-product experience learning to develop all elements of the total product offering.
Product Communication & Claims Development
- Discovery of consumer, cultural, category and competitive insights to identify opportunities and inspire innovation, core brand/product renovation, packaging and design, and product communication and claims strategy
- Lead the formal claims development process in their respective business, including helping teams generate product claim stories that connect to consumer problems to solve in different regions our products are sold in
- Steward the development of multiple compelling product demonstrations and strengthen SCJ’s capability to create and communicate product benefits that are grounded in brand north stars
- Work with Legal and Regulatory teams to execute and support the claims development process for various brands
- The successful candidate will interact strongly with marketing, RDE, product science, technology, and various expertise groups to create and drive deep product understanding/insights and new claims
- Utilizes best practice methods and practices for building deep team empathy for the consumer to inform and optimize communication and packaging strategies and ideas
Consulting, Advising, and Leading
- Responsible for aggregating, filtering and synthesizing relevant consumer learning from multiple sources (custom research, trends, social media listening, etc.) and translating information into insights and product ideas and communications that are impactful and inspire the brand team to act
- Participates, leads and influences team discussions to bring the voice of the consumer into consideration and decision-making regarding claims and communication across all paths to purchase
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science/Psychology, Market Research, consumer experience and insights, Business/Marketing or other related fields AND 5+ years of experience in Consumer Insights or related field with direct business facing experience OR an advanced degree and 3+ years of the relevant experience previously mentioned
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Expertise in a variety of traditional and modern qualitative and quantitative research techniques, specifically for innovation, communication, branding & packaging
- Experience working with interdependent cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- Experience working in an agile environment with shifting priorities and multiple concurrent work streams
- Demonstrate strong Intellectual Curiosity (ex: exploring trends and adjacent category activity to inform brand and product stories)
- Experience working in the CPG industry in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong cross-functional leadership and coordination skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate dynamic project scopes
- Demonstrated strength in Consumer Passion & Advocacy, Robust & Modern Research Skills, and Impacts Business Decisions functional capabilities
- Ability to synthesize data to build and tell a compelling consumer story with credibility
- Ability to handle influence multiple levels and teams during one project
- Ability and openness to seamlessly work across the 5 business categories at SCJ
- Ability to understand how brand and product messaging works together
- Strong Integration & Facilitation skills-integrate information from many internal work partners to develop claims plans and to facilitation the activation of the claim’s plans.
- 10-15% travel
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.