Associate Manager, Cloud Engineer/ArchitectRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13646 Apply
The Associate Manager, Cloud Engineer/Architect role is expected to provide support in cloud-based architecture and design within SC Johnsons’ Infrastructure & Operations organization. In doing so, using deep technical knowledge and experience, he/she will orchestrate cloud-based solutions by defining, establishing and optimizing building blocks, patterns and services available in Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and /or Google GCP. He/she will architect cloud-based solution integrations with each of the network, hosting, end user computing, enterprise collaboration, operations and application infrastructure management towers as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the formulation of strategies and roadmaps from analysis of current state, business drivers, target state and opportunities with emphasis on transforming on-premise solutions to cloud-based solutions
- Ensure high and low-level designs are produced with least risk, least cost and highest operational integrity in service information technology and business drivers
- Align technology solutions to industry cloud standards and incorporate opportunities arising from emerging cloud services
- Support cloud transformation efforts consisting both of application portfolio migration to cloud hosting and new enterprise solution deployments to cloud hosting.
- Assist in the production of standard, pattern-based solution building blocks that are secure by default, support highest availability and serve to significantly accelerate the production of solution architectures.
- Perform responsibilities within agreed gate-oriented operating models governing project SDLC and architecture/design
- Support improvements and accelerators through introduction of cloud-based technology innovation and continuous improvement opportunities
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related field or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in IT leadership role architecting, developing and implementing innovative technology solutions
- 3+ years of experience architecting and deploying solutions in one or more of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and / or Google GCP cloud platforms
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Architect-level certifications on one or more of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and / or Google GCP cloud platforms
- Broad and deep technology knowledge across multiple technologies and platforms such as:
- Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and / or Google GCP
- DevOps and automation tools and patterns
- Cloud-based security controls
- PaaS services including those deployed for SQL technologies
- Virtualization technologies including desktop
- Unix/Linux/Microsoft operating systems
- Networks and integration between corporate networks and multiple cloud platforms
- Database server DB2/SQL/open
- Enterprise application architecture
- Disaster Recovery / High Availability
- ITILv3 certification
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.