Associate Manager, Cloud Systems EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23051 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Cloud Hosting Services (Private and Public) Department owns the development, delivery, and support of Wintel, Linux, Unix, backup/recovery SAN/NAS, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- SQL Database Services
- Performance and capacity management
- Infrastructure Cloud Services
- Automation and orchestration
- Virtualization Services
- Wintel Services
- Open Systems Services
- Storage Services
- Backup and Archival Services
As the Cloud Systems Engineer , you would need to have at least 5+ years of experience in Database technologies specifically SQL. Your primary responsibilities include responsibility for the design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Database environment in on-premises and Azure. You would assist with the management, support, and oversight of the virtual server environments and business continuity processes during the lifespan of this project. You will assist with managing, maintaining, monitoring, and securing (including data security) of all servers including installations, upgrades, patches, and documentation. You will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders. This is an experienced individual contributor position that will work with cross-functional team members for day-to-day activities. You will be accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including schedule and quality compliance. You must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities with other cross-functional team members to meet project goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships with strategic public and hybrid cloud vendors to acquire knowledge develop partnerships and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions.
- Communicates architectural solutions to IT senior leaders and other critical stakeholders throughout the architecture planning and design process.
- Design and develop enterprise cloud hosting solution to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of designing, developing, or provisioning in public clouds like Azure.
- Drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues.
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection including both on-prem and Azure
- Managing and providing current usage statistics and providing future projected growth estimates
- Supports application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support Server, Storage, and Backup needs for our various infrastructure platforms (DB2, SQL, VMware, Windows, Linux, Network, & AIX) as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ experience in supporting SQL Databases in large environment
- 1+ year hands on experience in Azure cloud technologies (AWS and GCP good to have)
- Working knowledge of one or two scripting tools (PowerShell, Terraform, Perl, UNIX shell, etc.)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience supporting cloud technologies and datacenter systems
- Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies and platforms including knowledge of disaster recovery concepts
- ITIL certification and knowledge
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Gigabit Ethernet) and storage (SAN, RAID levels, fiber-channel)
- Basic understanding of the network layers and network infrastructures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.