Associate Manager, Consumer Business InsightsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10425 Apply
The role will be part of the Claims and Product Experience (CPX) team. S/he will play a key role in creating a culture of consumer centric technical storytelling to fuel a robust innovation and claims pipeline through partnering with marketing, market research, RD&E to deliver claims strategies for key brands. These will include establishing deep product understanding of consumer’s experience; leading the development of key product attributes, performance drivers that will ensure that SCJ products will meet or exceed consumers’ expectations; leading the development of product claims, demos with robust substantiation; solving business claims challenges creatively while adhering the legal, consumer, brand and RD&E constraints; advancing claims capability of the total organization by inserting claims thought leadership at the right place and the right time; and advancing product experience capability for SCJ through strategic competitive assessment program and test method excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build a strategic view of SCJ’s claims and product experience portfolio with respect to key competitors. Identify and deliver new opportunities for business growth through novel claims, better technical/product experience insights. Identify, assess and execute strategies to close gaps in claims vs. competitive set for a global category. Monitor key competitive activity that could impact category. Strengthen claims and product experience test protocol and substantiation capabilities.
2. Steward a process of ongoing competitive assessments of SCJ products in key markets vs competitive set – in performance, consumer preference and sensory attributes. Harvest these assessments to create fuel for claims opportunities and to influence category innovation strategy.
3. Strengthen RD&E product experience (product guidance research and sensory) capability to ensure optimum level of product knowledge and claims support. Develop effective test methods that will correlate with sensory and consumer research. Create a deeper sense of confidence in the organization’s CPX capabilities.
4. Steward the development of multiple compelling product demonstrations and strengthen SCJ’s capability to create and communicate product benefits.
5. Support the Category Technology and CPX leaders in the development of a scientific narrative that can become a foundational “truth” that can be studied and communicated to society in ways that benefit the brand and the overall category business.
6. Work with Legal and Regulatory teams to execute and support the claims generation for various brands.
7. The successful candidate will interact strongly with product science, technology, and various expertise groups to create and drive deep product understanding/insights and new claims, as well as new insightful testing methods to our businesses. In addition, s/he should have the desire to build a network of academic, technical, and industry external professionals, to maintain and expand our expertise & authority programs in SCJ.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree and five years of progressive experience of working with R&D and cross functional business partners, or an advanced degree with three year of experience working with R&D, and business partners in the CPG or FMCG industry.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven track record of combining claims, sensory, consumer science/insights and/or products research skills to help bring products to commercial success.
Demonstrated ability to improve claims and technical product insights capabilities that impact the business.
- Ability and openness to seamlessly work across the 5 business categories at SCJ.
- Experience working in the CPG industry in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Influential claims, consumer science and sensory leadership with strongly related industry contacts
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.