Associate Manager, Data Analytics LeadRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14574 Apply
The Associate Manager, Data Analytics Lead role, within Corporate Technical Services (CTS) you will own visibility to your division’s operational effectiveness and you’re the technical owner of their systems and tools. This Lead role will be focused on supporting our Global Regulatory Compliance group.
You provide a regular cadence of fact-based data/dashboards that provide insights into operational performance. You co-lead monthly operations meetings to engage teams in understanding those insights so they can move to action. Through knowledge of the systems and tools used by your business partners, you shape a recommended future landscape of applications/tools to stay ahead of their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand your divisions key processes & identify valuable key metrics to measure performance.
- Collaborate with leadership, functional experts & customers to define with data, the current state
- Co-lead operations meeting to assess operational health & draw insights on performance
- Use big data from SCJ';s data lake via Self Service Reporting (SSR) to create data visualizations that tell compelling stories and answer complex questions.
- Display confidence & shape conversations around insights and opportunities. Clarify the story behind the numbers and enable data driven decisions.
- Drive for continuous improvement in how we use systems, tools and data to maximize our return
- Apply 360 knowledge of Corporate Technical services (CTS) divisions and apply “system thinking”. Acting as one united team to spread best practices across CTS. Whilst connecting systems together to reduce redundancy, inconsistencies and lack of clarity.
- Expanding analytics, new tools, reporting platforms and data collection/mining to create “next level” analytics which are predictive/leading indicators.
- Creation of automation, when return is enough, ensuring problem to solve & required output are aligned upfront.
- Serve as systems and tools business lead for your division, partnering with BPT to ensure continuity and successful change management.
- Lead quarterly reviews to proactively define the “future operational system/tool needs”. Once plan is aligned, create required business cases to secure resources to execute them.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- BS in data science, computer science, math, engineering, with at least 6 years relevant working experience; or Advanced degree with at least 4 years relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, working with tools such as SQL, PowerBI, Teradata, Tableau
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Understand key processes, systems and tools of the business, including regulatory compliance science & technology, sustainability, safety and quality.
- Demonstrated leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate business needs into trackable metrics
- Passion for problem solving and championing deployment of new technologies
- Challenging the status quo to improve our operational excellence
- Establishes effective relationships with business partners, decision-makers, and influencers.
- Ability to handle multiple divisional strategies & projects
- Ability to think critically (such as balancing speed vs maintainability for key processes)
- Knowledge of Workflow applications, reporting tools and mass databases
- Excellent verbal and written communications for variety of audiences
- This is a full-time first shift position who will need to periodically attend off-shift Skype calls to interact with regional functions. Travel is not expected and if required, will be very infrequent.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.