Associate Manager, eCommerce Business Analyst w/AnalyticsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10516 Apply
The Business Process and Technology (BPT) organization is comprised of several groups who contribute to the overall IT success of SC Johnson. This Business Analyst position is part of the Application Development, Maintenance and Integration (ADMI) group.
The eCommerce Business Analyst role is responsible for working primarily with the Digital Marketing and the E-Commerce organization to understand their needs across the digital marketing technologies and e-commerce value chain, from presentation of content, searching and browsing to conversion and fulfillment. In addition to capturing requirements across the consumer buying journey, this role works with technical architects to map the flow of data across systems (WCM, DAM, PIM, etc) in support of our digital and ecommerce business and will also be responsible for providing analysis and managing delivery of critical metrics and reports/dashboards to drive focused and impactful discussions and decisions. The successful candidate will bring keen analytical skills to the task of assessing, eliciting, and articulating requirements across diverse audiences throughout the full lifecycle of projects. This role will also be responsible for ongoing management and support of ecommerce solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business users to understand requirements and translate into functional specifications or user stories.
- Interviews end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
- Recommends appropriate scope of requirements
- Works with data analysts/modelers and ETL specialists to uncover the appropriate sources of data for a proposed application or data extension
- Works with data stewards to evaluate the condition of data sources, prioritize integration roadmaps, and define appropriate improvements
- Works closely with data analysts/modelers to define appropriate logical models that accurately reflect existing business processes
- Helps prototype/assess potential solutions
- Translates requirements into technical specifications
- Creates reports and dashboards to drive business decisions
- Write test plans and coordinate the testing process and results reviews with users, system integrators, and internal IT staff. Participate in testing activities, as needed.
- Coordinate project activity between SCJ and 3rd party vendors.
- Develop, define, and manage digital marketing and e-commerce reporting requirements.
- Serve as the single point of contact for the change management process, ensuring application and project changes follow existing processes and guidelines.
- Develop training plans and provide training to end users, as needed.
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure successful deployments.
- Validates that data solution meets requirements and service-level agreements
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to answer business questions
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience working as a BA or similar role in database marketing, multichannel marketing and one of the following ecommerce models: direct-to-consumer, online marketplaces (Amazon, Alibaba, etc), or business-to-business, with emphasis on data analysis, analytics, KPI’s and visualization models.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Google Analytics, and Omniture, Tableau and/or Sitecore Analytics
- Experience working with web content management, product information management, or digital asset management systems.
- Strong experience with Excel, Access and/or SQL
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working with multiple brands or business units.
- Experience working in a global business environment.
- Experience working with system integrators, including offshore resources.
- Ability to translate business needs into relevant BI and analytics
- Ability to provide ad-hoc analysis to answer business questions and present to business users effectively
- Knowledge of key data warehousing and standardized reporting principles
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.