Associate Manager, Engineering - Global Supply Chain InnovationRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12369 Apply
This position provides engineering leadership and expertise to the Global Supply Chain Innovation Leads, coordinating Global and Regional Engineering input to deliver the expected results on projects. This role is responsible to collaborate with cross functional areas to identify the best engineering solutions for business needs. She/he will be the engineering focal point for a given business category. This role requires strong personal initiative to gain alignment and drive to successful results. Additionally, this role serves as the Engineering Sponsor at Project Technical Reviews to drive design-for-manufacturing focus, ensure manufacturing readiness and technical robustness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manages multiple global capital projects and programs simultaneously collaborating with sites and subject matter experts in execution.
- Responsible for identifying internal engineering resources to handle new products, cost savings and strategic projects.
- Successfully manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices, identifying and collaborating with a cross functional team on process improvement opportunities
- Deliver a business-viable project capital strategy for global capital projects based on input from Regional Engineering, Global Engineering COE as an input to the capital spend authorization process (MEA).
- Develop and manage a detailed engineering project timeline and risk identification / mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Work with Regional Engineering to determine project execution plans, including ramp up plans to meet project timelines and required capacity to meet Planning needs.
- Support RD&E by participating in Design FMEAs, and Manufacturing Sites by participating in Process FMEAs
- Analyze and identify possible options when process or principles deviations may occur and initiates trade-off and escalation discussions. Track project progress against milestones, issue status reports and escalate issues as necessary to Global Supply Chain Leadership.
- Support project end to end process; Drive process excellence through the entire project globally
- Deliver project management excellence by effectively managing regional and global engineering resources within projects.
- Establishes rapport with stakeholder groups and identifies stakeholder expectations and assures that these are not in conflict with project outcomes.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Project Management
- Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and within budget, preferably in manufacturing, and/or purchasing / planning
- Success in new product launches, contract manufacturing and financial analysis
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Problem Solving - Identifying and solution to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives. Inspires and motivates collaboration and teamwork to perform effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals. Strong understanding of Total Cost of Ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost. This requires sound understanding of cost drivers in supply chain management
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results.
- Prior leadership experience in production areas is desirable
- Success in implementing large global capital projects
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or an advanced degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries developing equipment solutions and productivity
- Experience on production management on the industries above
- Experience in managing large capital projects
- Experience in products, process and equipment
- Experience in implementing and leading LEAN, TPM and Early Management Principles activities
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.