Associate Manager, Federal/Domestic TaxRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 22754 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Associate Manager, Federal/Domestic Tax you will be multi-disciplinary with the primary focus on managing the federal tax affairs of assigned domestic subsidiaries/partnerships, assisting with the preparation of the federal consolidated income tax return, and managing parent company and domestic subsidiaries’ sales and use tax functions.
Initially, the job may be more focused on sales/use but will shift more to federal income tax work as technology and process improvements allow for the automation of more of the sales/use tax function. Any expected job progression would likely be in the areas of federal/state income tax rather than sales/use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/supervise overall state sales and use tax compliance for the parent and one domestic subsidiary. Calculate use tax using a formula method or other automated calculation. Manage outsourcing relationships, including gathering and providing relevant data on a timely basis. Manage e-commerce sales tax via Vertex Cloud
- Leverage tax technology tools and other systems to automate procedures and identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and increased accuracy with the goal of reducing the amount of time spent on sales/use tax to allow more focus on other tax matters
- Manage parent company sales and use tax audits. Provide advice on subsidiary sales and use tax audits as appropriate
- Manage the federal income tax affairs of a portfolio of domestic subsidiaries/partnerships. Includes planning, compliance, and tax accounting (including year-end close, return to provision true-up, etc.)
- Assist with the consolidated federal income tax return by preparing various Parent company tax book/tax differences, credits, and items as assigned
- Develop Corptax expertise. Maintain tax compliance software to ensure all compliance requirements can be completed and on a timely basis. Leverage income tax compliance software to complete calculations needed for compliance and planning purposes as much as possible and based on best practices
- Perform federal and state income tax research as assigned. Provide federal/state income tax audit support by gathering information, performing research and analyzing data
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements in all work
- Coordinate and/or file various gross receipts taxes, excise taxes, and other miscellaneous taxes as assigned
- Manage special tax projects and research. Provide support to other domestic tax personnel as assigned
- Gather data and file or coordinate the filing of unclaimed property reports. Counsel domestic subsidiaries and assist with their compliance as needed. Supervise audits and VDAs
- Manage federal Form 1099 reporting, including preparing and filing forms for the parent company and assigned domestic subsidiaries
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required OR military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of federal income tax and/or sales and use tax experience at a large or mid-sized public accounting firm, large corporation, or government
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- An advanced degree and/or certification as a Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- SAP, Corptax, Alteryx and/or Tableau experience preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills for multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to foster relationships and work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete responsibilities with quality and on time
- Full-time. Overtime is expected at certain times, including but not limited to when working on time-sensitive projects
- Minimal domestic travel, primarily to attend seminars, users’ groups, or meet with subsidiary personnel
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.