Associate Manager, Global Internal CommunicationsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15721 Apply
The Associate Manager, Global Employee Communication, will help support communication initiatives that drive awareness, invoke a sense of pride, and help employees feel connected, inspired and invested in the company’s future. Based in Racine, Wisconsin, and reporting to the Global Employee Communication Director, the person in this position will play an important foundational role within the Global Corporate Communication function. The candidate will help develop engaging content consistent with the company’s narrative and help push messages across all of SCJ’s internal channels. Project management, process development and strong organizational skills are critical in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help drive the employee communication strategy, ensuring consistent application of the corporate narrative to drive awareness and support of corporate initiatives.
- Identify communication opportunities and curate content designed to engage and inspire employees.
- Support a variety of communication programs with creative brainstorming, planning, execution, and measurement.
- Manage logistics for major internal events.
- Oversee internal communication channels including distribution and cadence.
- Maintain working knowledge of new communication technologies/services and best practices.
- Work closely with Director to support Global Human Resources including writing and management of the global personnel announcement process.
- Maintain responsibility for Global Corporate Communication resources, historical files, etc.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communication, organizational communication, or integrated communication in a corporate or agency setting.
- Experience with digital communication platforms.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to curate compelling content.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Willingness to accept new challenges, embrace processes and deadlines.
- Responds well to feedback and revisions.
- Successfully prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects without compromising quality.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), with expertise in PowerPoint.
- Able to travel 5-10% of time. This is an on-site position.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.