Associate Manager, Global Project Management RD&ERacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10200 Apply
- The Global Project Manager (GPM) is responsible for delivering projects in the End-to-End New Product Development (NPD) process. The GPM has accountability for team success through the (NPD) Process, ensuring deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed. This includes identification of process or principle deviations, initiating trade-off and escalation discussions and leveraging the visual performance management process to maintain project progress to goals. The GPM owns integration with the regional execution, aligned with business commitments.
- The Global Project Manager is the overall project leader responsible for delivering the project on time, in full and within budget driving necessary cross-functional actions and decisions as required to meet commitments. This includes ensuring the project team delivers the product design and the product meets consumer, regulatory, and manufacturability requirements. This accountability includes integrating all RD&E technical efforts to develop the technical plan and deliver robust global product design and specifications to enable successful manufacturing of product that meets consumer needs and success criteria. In any conversation, the Global Project Manager owns the project commitments and is responsible for RD&E Technical deliverables as outlined in the End-to-End NPD Process leveraging their Subject Matter Experts and cross functional team members.
- This role supports continuously improving our project manager capability and elevating our operating practices through involvement in ongoing project learnings from failures and not exclusively post-launch learnings, sharing of best practices and active engagement in the PM Community of Practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Project Plan: Owns the technical plan and coordinates activities of functional team members to produce validation test plans that will meet commitments of key technical deliverables. Budgets: Manages project budget to deliver against project expectations. E2E NPD Process: Achieves successful project outcomes through leveraging the E2E NPD Process and navigating product & project reviews. Manages project schedule in PWA and ensures that PWA master data reflects current project status. Influences others to drive project progress regardless of functional area and coordinates integration of functional swim lanes. Overall Project Risks: Applies root cause analysis and problem solving skills to identify the most critical factors that impact successful project implementation. Demonstrates agility in scenario planning around key risks and develops appropriate plans to mitigate risks in advance of issue trigger. Escalates risk through battleground and OTV processes, working closely with management and stakeholders. Product Design & Robustness: Ensures completion of product design, validation testing and specification development that yield successful manufacturing of product to meet performance and quality requirements. Delivers technical data package that supports product claims, performance, shelf life stability and global regulatory requirements. Execution Excellence: Develop and maintain the timeline, pro-actively identify and address opportunities, develop and gain alignment to plans addressing changes in scope or issue mitigation, own the final outcome – delivery in market on time and in full.
Model strong RD&E functional skills, including appropriate skills in effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & Robustness, Regulation & Safety, Scientific Rigor and Technical Curiosity. Demonstrate the ability to pivot between working with and supporting a front-end team operating in ambiguity (maximizing the possibilities), and operating in execution - ensuring flawless and robust technology work is done to deliver successful product launches. Draw on scientific and functional expertise to enable successful development and commercialization. Engage across business and product supply teams to successfully drive product launches that require technical depth and complexity management.
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
Ensures technical elements of project scoping are defined to deliver a winning proposition. Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the E2E process at SCJ. Provide consistent, two-way communication between project teams and management Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (Marketing, Researchers, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner
Demonstrate SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture. Individual contributor with in-depth functional knowledge required to complete complex projects and accountabilities. May instruct, or coach other professionals. Sets objectives and delivers results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within the job area. Works under limited supervision within specific area; direction received is operational and strategic direction focused. Total ownership: Personally owns achieving successful project outcomes. Influences others to drive project progress regardless of functional area.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
- Five+ years of progressive RD&E experience in CPG or closely related industry, with demonstrated technical acumen and project management experience, or an advanced degree with three years of experience
- For internal candidates (Success Drivers and Functional Skills)
Full time position
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel is expected at times (not ongoing)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Science or Engineering
- Strong communication skills to harness technical capability across/outside SCJ
- Experience as a key technical expert within large RD&E organizations
- Proven track record in successful product launches using new product development processes
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.