Associate Manager, International Tax ComplianceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 24897 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Associate Manager, International Tax Compliance, (“ITCAM”) you will identify and prepare U.S. international tax compliance requirements, including but not limited to Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 1042, and other related forms. Maintain detailed workflow for international tax compliance process and completing all requirements on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining extensive tax and financial records for the Company’s 100+ foreign subsidiaries, branches, and partnerships for income tax provision and income tax return purposes, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Prepare Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 1042, and other required forms for non-U.S. operations
- Work with ITCM to maintain the tax compliance process and detailed workflow identifying all international compliance requirements, deliverables to/from the federal and state tax teams (including detailed support schedules for relevant international items), and associated deadlines with a continuous improvement mindset
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of U.S. tax compliance rules related to disclosures and financial reporting related to controlled foreign corporations, foreign partnerships, and foreign branches
- Maintain excellent knowledge of U.S. tax rules including but not limited to repatriation, Earnings & Profits (“E&P”) calculations, related party transactions, Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (“BEAT”) calculations, Foreign Derived Intangible Income (“FDII”) calculations, Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (“GILTI”) calculations, interest deductibility calculations under Section 163(j), foreign tax credit limitation calculation for all relevant baskets (including detailed expense allocation and apportionment workpapers), reportable events/transactions, and Country-by-country Reporting (“CbCR”) data
- Prepare calculations supporting the U.S. income tax impact of non-U.S. operations to satisfy U.S. GAAP income tax accounting requirements, including any relevant income tax provision to income tax return “true-up” amounts
- Maintain tax compliance software (Corptax) to ensure all compliance requirements can be completed and on a timely basis. Leverage income tax compliance software to complete calculations needed for compliance and planning purposes as much as possible and based on best practices. ITCAM may also from time to time evaluate, recommend, and implement the international tax compliance software system(s)
- ITCAM is responsible for preparing documentation to support U.S. and foreign tax audit matters, such as foreign tax credit information, explanations of inter-company transactions, and one or more service charge-outs. The ITCAM interacts with the key regional and foreign subsidiary finance personnel to obtain and develop documentation and financial data
- ITCAM may be called upon to give day-to-day tax advice to internal personnel in export operations, HQ services and other intercompany transactions, U.S. income tax planning, and foreign subsidiaries. The ITCAM will also prepare moderately complex analyses of different planning scenarios involving dividend planning, audit adjustments, and similar projects, and should maintain a detailed legal entity organization chart and a schedule of relevant income tax attributes to assist in such planning opportunities
- ITCAM will be involved in research, special tax projects, and/or leveraging tax technology tools to support global tax compliance requirements and planning opportunities, including support for International Tax Compliance Manager (“ITCM”), Regional Tax Directors, International Tax Director, and Head of Tax
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 3 years of U.S. income tax experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or large multinational corporation
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- An advanced degree and/or certification as a Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred
- Corptax experience is strongly preferred
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes experience
- Knowledge and familiarity of SAP
- Strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills for multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to foster relationships and work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete responsibilities with quality and on time
- Microsoft Office and tax technology systems
- Full-time. Overtime is expected at certain times of the year, including but not limited to year-end close, tax return filing season, and when working on time-sensitive projects
- Minimal domestic and/or international travel, primarily to attend seminars, users’ groups, conferences, or meet with subsidiary personnel
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.