Associate Manager, LeanRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10515 Apply
The Associate Manager, Lean is an operations and change management leader fully responsible for the deployment of the Manufacturing Performance System (MPS) across the assigned area. This role is also responsible for enabling local management teams to achieve successful operations transformations and MPS activities of selected production areas and functional support groups as well as delivering operational improvements and sustaining high-performing SCJ MPS and culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or Co-Lead Pillar(s) in Lean/TPM Implementation
- Collaborate and communicate with Waxdale Leadership Team (WLT), Pillar Leaders and execute strategy across multiple pillars
- Learn how to develop the sustainable transformation or continuous improvement strategy for the site and specific assigned areas
- Establish SMART Objectives and targets and provide coaching on trigger setting and gap analysis
- Resource selection and allocation
- Lead and advocate the Lean process and continuous improvement in the site and area or responsibility
- Leading plant diagnostics and quantifying opportunities
- Leading site implementations across Operations Systems (e.g. technical improvements), Management Infrastructure (e.g. key performance indicator development), and Mindsets, Behaviors, and Capabilities (e.g. culture change)
- Ensure sustainability and supporting continuous plant improvement
- Sustain the MPS capabilities including development and ongoing deployment of robust MPS training program and acting as a coach/mentor to employees and operation’s site leadership
- Utilize problem solving methods to drive continuous improvements and deliver results
- Successful transformation and pillar deployment at sites to increase safety, quality, productivity and efficiency
- Success for the Associate Manager, Lean is rooted in five objectives:
- Learn the tools of Lean - 5S, Daily Management systems, problem solving, strategic planning, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory, QCO, OEE, OPE, TPM, center lining, standard work and others
- Lead problem solving and process improvement activities throughout the site utilizing these tools and other methods learned
- Support Pillar deployment and capability building throughout the site by being a Pillar member, owning a system, coaching and skill development of applied knowledge fully utilizing systems, processes and tools within MPS
- Develop a network of SC Johnson’s colleagues through benchmarking and collaboration
- Contribute to developing and maintaining distinctive Lean, MPS and transformation knowledge
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience including leading Lean and/or TPM implementation
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Passion for the transformation – Passion for driving change and delivering results
- Technical abilities and analytical skills – An exceptional ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Lean knowledge – Understanding of the Lean/MPS principles and the transformation approach cross Operating Systems, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Leadership and management skills – Strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities essential for successful and sustainable change management
- Adaptability – Ability to integrate into a new working environment with ease. Ability to harness the right support and is seen as a valuable resource by personnel in each site
- Impact focus – Relentless drive to eliminate system waste and losses
- Influencing – Able to interact and help Management/Production employees to see the need for change, be change agents, and to act on the change
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
We are a committed team of collaborative, diverse and purpose-driven All-For-Oners and Wave Makers. Together, we are high-performing and socially responsible, and everybody works at their best while encouraging each other to reach their full potential. From your very first day, you will become a part of our team and feel a connection to your colleagues, while also experiencing a strong sense of trust, honesty and respect.
Join us and you will experience a unique culture of camaraderie and support where both individual and collective accomplishments that contribute to our success are recognized and celebrated.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.