Associate Manager,LeanRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17163 Apply
The Associate Manager, Lean is an operations and change management leader responsible for conducting loss analysis and driving continuous improvement at the Waxdale facility. This role is responsible for enabling local management teams to achieve successful operations transformations and sustaining a high-performing culture to achieve SCJ business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead problem solving and process improvement activities throughout the site to reduce losses including:
- Machine downtime
- Schedule adherence
- Scrap reduction
- Fixed/Variable cost improvements
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to positively impact total end-to-end supply chain costs
- Learn how to develop the sustainable transformation or continuous improvement strategy for the site and specific assigned areas
- Lead and advocate the Lean process and continuous improvement in the site
- Leading plant diagnostics and quantifying opportunities
- Leading site implementations across Operations Systems (e.g. technical improvements), Management Infrastructure (e.g. key performance indicator development), and Mindsets, Behaviors, and Capabilities (e.g. culture change)
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience including leading Lean and/or TPM implementation
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Passion for transformation – Passion for driving/influencing change and delivering results
- Technical abilities and analytical skills – An exceptional ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Lean management system knowledge – Understanding of the Lean principles and the transformation approach across Operating Systems, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Lean tool knowledge - 5S, Daily Management systems, problem solving, strategic planning, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory, OEE, TPM, center lining, standard work and others
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher
- Leadership and management skills – Strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities essential for successful and sustainable change management
- Adaptability – Ability to integrate into a new working environment with ease. Ability to harness the right support and is seen as a valuable resource by personnel in each site
- Impact focus – Relentless drive to eliminate system waste and losses
- Influencing – Able to interact and help Management/Production employees to see the need for change, be change agents, and to act on the change
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.