Associate Manager, Logistics CapabilitiesRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10696 Apply
The Associate Manager, Logistics Capabilities position has a primary focus to lead projects from ideation through execution while influencing across the broader organization. This position will represent SCJ in customer and supplier meetings to drive collaboration and strategic partnerships. The role will interface closely with the entire end to end Supply Chain as well as Business Partners and Commercial Marketing.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in leading large scale, cross functional projects to deliver Service, Cost, and Cash objectives. Secondly, strong evidence is required in managing warehouse operations, Financial budgeting and P&L’s and contract negotiations. Lastly this role demands Route to Market experience (Ecommerce) to recommend and develop Logistics processes for our rapidly expanding Logistics department (Growth through acquisition).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an optimized distribution network through rigorous analysis of new/existing routes to market (Ecommerce, Direct Plant Shipping, Professional).
- Represent SCJ in customer meetings, supplier / vendor reviews to drive collaboration and strategic partnerships
- Own Warehouse Procurement activities including 3PL negotiations, service negotiations etc.
- Work with commercial Marketing to integrate category strategy and COR plan with operational capabilities
- Ability to manage Warehouse operations including new routes to market (Ecommerce/ProLine/Acquisitions)
- Drive growth and KPI improvements at our 3rd party partners; support and implement future partnerships as defined by our strategy (e.g. Cost to Serve).
- Manage Warehouse C$ave and Financial P&L
- Develop Warehouse KPI playbook and network standardization
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or related Business degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in warehouse operations working directly with an LSP/3PL
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with an industry leading Ecommerce or Omni-Channel firm implementing supply chain solutions
- 3 years’ of direct hands-on Ecommerce and alternative route to market experience providing solutions to a large global company
- Well-rounded individual who ideally has spent time both inside and outside a distribution center environment within an Omni-channel customer experience
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification from an accredited institution or firm
- Industry certifications (APICS, WERC, CSCMP, etc.)
- Supply chain experience in other disciplines such as Transportation, Inventory Management, Customer Service, Supply/Demand Planning, Manufacturing or Procurement desired
- Demonstrated negotiation skills for external suppliers
- Software experience: Microsoft Office including Access/Project/Visio, SAP/BW, WMS
- Some travel required approx. 20%
- Full time
- Work hours Monday through Friday, standard business hours
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.