Associate Manager, Manufacturing MaintenanceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10513 Apply
This position is responsible for generating, proposing, implementing and achieving NACP safety, environmental, quality, customer service, financial and productivity goals across operations to meet maintenance needs and objectives at Waxdale. As a Management representative this position is responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and will be responsible for making key business, operational and personnel decisions. This position will also act as a Human Resources liaison for personnel issues on the shift.
- Accountability for defined business objectives and people management responsibilities.
- Ability to make tough decisions and convert business strategy into action.
- The incumbent is charged with meeting safety, quality, cost, productivity & environmental goals through the promotion and support of High Performance Work Teams.
- Support operations, technicians and maintenance team leaders 24/7 as they address shift related issues and downtime. This includes adjusting working hours to interact with all direct reports on a regular basis.
- Coach team members on all shifts to work together toward common goals, supporting high inter- and cross shift communication and mutual respect.
- Develop and implement maintenance technician coverage plans. This includes technician development and participating in internal/external recruiting and hiring.
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct and work ethic.
- Lead break down and preventative maintenance analysis exercises, then translate root causes into sustainable actions.
- Seek opportunities for Lean and other Operational Initiatives in area of responsibility
- Key contact for all Waxdale emergency issues as they arise on shift.
- Work with all functions (i.e. operations, engineering, IS, security, cafeteria, employee training center, medical center, MHG, SHEQ, etc) as needed to coordinate maintenance activities
- Interpret and ensure compliance of all company and HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of employee conflict and discipline issues as they occur while striving for consistency and fairness.
- Participate in task forces and core groups that resolve Waxdale performance issues.
- Develop effective communication channels with necessary personnel to keep them apprised of shift related activity including ownership of the issue escalation processes.
- Coach, support and partner with Team Lead Specialists (TLS); to improve their leadership, process execution, standard adherence and actions to drive technician accountability
- Act as a back-up support person to the maintenance manager in managing the group.
- Creativity and innovation are encouraged in working to meet customer needs in a highly effective manner.
- Requires a University Degree & 5+ years of relevant experience as followed:
- Demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, quality and Lean manufacturing principles preferred.
- Experience in high performance work teams.
- Experience with maintenance work flow and process execution. Including work order management, execution and shutdown planning.
- Ability to identify actionable, business critical goals that can be influenced by business work teams.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assertive, and self-starting with high initiative.
- Ability to effectively deliver performance feedback
- Ability to convert goals into action oriented initiatives, and to execute accordingly.
- Team player, enjoys working with others and gets satisfaction from seeing others perform well.
- Ability to utilize data and to prioritize resources to drive continuous improvement.
- Aerosols producing/filling experience is a plus.
- Ability to analysis team activities, adjust team assignments to drive a world class maintenance team and reliability results.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
We are a committed team of collaborative, diverse and purpose-driven All-For-Oners and Wave Makers. Together, we are high-performing and socially responsible, and everybody works at their best while encouraging each other to reach their full potential. From your very first day, you will become a part of our team and feel a connection to your colleagues, while also experiencing a strong sense of trust, honesty and respect.
Join us and you will experience a unique culture of camaraderie and support where both individual and collective accomplishments that contribute to our success are recognized and celebrated.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.