Associate Manager, Marketing Brand and Product ExperienceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 21174 Apply
The Associate Manager, Brand and Product Experience position is the connector and catalyst between the Marketing and RDE teams. Our mission is to clarify the strategic brand direction and bring our product and brand advantages to life in a consistent and meaningful way to win the shopper and the consumer at various points in the path to purchase. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work across multiple businesses and different product forms. It requires a strong business acumen, competitive landscape and trends understanding, consumer empathy, and the communication skills to help create claims/language can be used to win consumers over. This position reports into the Global Marketing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Brand and Product Expression/Claims
- Be the thought leader who influences cross functional team discussions to bring the full visual, verbal and sensorial experience to life for the consumer in a brand relevant fashion. who champions bringing Brand expression to life at each step of the consumer journey (online and offline)
- Be the catalyst and connector between brand/strategy and product/benefits to bring unique brand Stories to life for the consumer.
- Guides the discovery of consumer, cultural, category and competitive insights to identify opportunities and inspire innovation spaces, core brand/product renovation, packaging and design, product stories and claims strategy
- Utilizes best practice methods for building deep consumer empathy that helps inform and optimize claims and communication across path to purchase.
- May need to manage research vendors to conduct research, then synthesizes learning into concise learning summary and presents results to team while advocating for appropriate business action.
- Should have an understanding of Research & its application in the following areas- product development, exploratory consumer behavior, user experience, claims, sensory testing, pre-launch testing etc.
- Leads the synthesis of relevant consumer learning from multiple sources (custom research, trends, social media listening, etc.) and translating information into insights, product ideas and communications that are impactful and inspire the brand team to act.
- Partners with cross-functional team to develop/enhance Brand stories and a pipeline of claims territories for new product development and/or new articulations/creative language for existing products.
- Has expertise in connecting formulation, sensory and technical data to consumer data, cull insights and apply to product design and the creation of claims and communication.
- Capture cultural and regulatory nuances to successfully bring our Brand expression to life across the world.
- Manage and utilize existing claims research/substantiation/validation data to deliver to needs of new markets as needed by bridging data, incorporating regional consumer, regulatory/legal requirements etc.
Required Skills/ Background / Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science/Psychology, Market Research, Communication, Consumer experience and insights, and Business/Marketing related fields
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer Insights, Communication/Advertising or related field with direct business facing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Success Drivers/ Competencies:
- Copywriting/creative expression/storytelling experience
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate dynamic project scopes. This is a big one!!! you’ll need to do things you might have never done before or no one has done before.
- Ability and desire to think and do “out of the box” stuff to Problem Solve. This is not a cookie cutter job.
- Belief in your story telling skills. You’ll need to take disparate pieces to create the puzzle (with or without the help of your team) and then tell the story with conviction and credibility.
- Ability for human understanding and empathy. You might have to think of solutions for problems you have never had or will never have.
- Openness and Desire for change/growth and evolution. Your role will evolve continuously.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and coordination skills. You will be a leader regardless of your “level”
- Strong Intellectual Curiosity. You’ll need to find new ways of “jugad”. Check that word, it’s a phenomenal skill to have.
- Conducting and Consuming Research experience. You’ll need it everyday.
- A good balance of right and left brained skills.
- Facilitation skills- you will run some workshops with energy and passion.
- Experience working in the CPG industry is a bonus.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.