Associate Manager, Marketing Claims & Product ExperienceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20193 Apply
As an Associate Manager, Marketing Claims and Product Experience you will be part of a team that is a connector and catalyst between the commercial and technical teams. Our mission is to clarify the strategic brand direction and bring our product and brand advantages to life in a consistent and meaningful way to win the shopper and the customer every day. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work across multiple businesses and different product forms. It requires a strong business acumen, competitive landscape and trends understanding, consumer data fluency, and the utilization of both traditional and creative, new consumer learning techniques to uncover insights that can be applied to product communication and innovation. This position reports into the Global Marketing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a catalyst and connection between brand, strategy, product, and user to bring a unique brand POV for the consumer.
- Influence cross functional team discussions to bring the full visual, verbal and sensorial experience to life for the consumer in a brand relevant fashion.
- Bring the brand experience to life at each step of the consumer journey (online and offline).
- Guide the discovery of consumer, cultural, category and competitive insights to identify opportunities and inspire innovation spaces, core brand/product renovation, packaging and design, product communication and claims strategy.
- Utilize best practice methods for building deep consumer empathy that helps inform and optimize claims and communication across path to purchase.
- Manage research vendors to conduct research, synthesize learning into concise learning summary and present results while advocating for appropriate business action.
- Responsible for aggregating, filtering, and synthesizing relevant consumer learning from multiple sources (custom research, trends, social media listening, etc.) and translating information into insights, product ideas and communications that are impactful and inspire the brand team to act.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop a pipeline of claims territories for new product development or new articulations for existing products.
- Capture cultural and regulatory nuances to successfully bring our brand experience to life across the world.
- Manage and utilize existing claims research/substantiation/validation data to deliver to needs of new markets as needed by bridging data, incorporating regional consumer, regulatory/legal requirements etc.
Required Skills/ Background / Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science/Psychology, Market Research, consumer experience and insights, and Business/Marketing related fields
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer Insights or related field with direct business facing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Success Drivers/ Competencies:
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate dynamic project scopes. you’ll need to do things you might have never done before or no one has done before.
- Ability and desire to think and do “out of the box” stuff to Problem Solve. This is not a cookie cutter job.
- Belief in your story telling skills. You’ll need to take disparate pieces to create the puzzle (with or without the help of your team) and then tell the story with conviction and credibility.
- Ability for human understanding and empathy. You might have to think of solutions for problems you have never had or will never have.
- Openness and Desire for change/growth and evolution.
- Strong cross-functional leadership and coordination skills.
- Strong Intellectual Curiosity.
- Conducting and Consuming Research experience.
- Facilitation skills- you will run some workshops with energy and passion.
- Experience working in the CPG industry is a bonus.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.