Associate Manager - Mechanical EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11679 Apply
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere.
Many of SC Johnson’s products have been, and remain, top sellers in their market categories. This product leadership is coupled with an established a long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership, innovation and being a great place to work. As well as accolades such as being named the fourth most innovative company in the consumer products category on Fast Company magazine’s annual Most Innovative Companies list, the company was named to Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the "100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the 100 best companies for working mothers.
Science and Technology:
The vision for the Science and Technology group is about putting science to work in finding answers to challenges of today and tomorrow. Our group is staffed with trusted and empowered scientists and engineers. The Associate Manager for Development Engineering Mechanical will be a key part of us achieving our vision, building strong calibration and validation capabilities and driving the cultural changes to enable better, faster, and more cost-effective product development.
An important objective is in developing and implementing new technologies and related platforms that are aligned with the business divisions in R&D to ultimately deliver on the consumer experience and create growth for the organization. Such technologies will be used by product development teams for designing and validating new product designs thereby making them more robust. The Associate Manager for Development Engineering Mechanical will play a key role in realizing this objective by leveraging engineering modeling software and calibration/validation techniques and generating deep scientific insights of virtual models and systems.
We are looking for an experienced professional with expertise in the mechanical design, validation, and simulation. This role being at the cross-category level provides an opportunity to build mechanical design and validation technical skill sets across many dimensions to support modeling and simulation. You will have primary responsibility to implement SCJ’s capability in modeling and simulation and optimize of components and prototypes aligned to business needs across divisions. You will have high visibility presenting and interacting with the senior management. You will have opportunities to work with a diverse set of professionals and in identifying and exploring ways to further strengthen organization’s simulation capabilities that will have direct impact on SC Johnson’s businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as the technical leader on mechanical design and validation and first-principle analysis.
- Develop and implement approaches in characterizing material mechanical properties, calibration/validating simulation models and improving designs of components and systems.
- Perform laboratory validation by making appropriate prototypes, design and developing testing hardware, and conducting validations.
- Participate in cross-functional teams taking ownership of relevant work-streams. Recommend/coordinate design, analysis, and test methods to improve time to market.
- Update own knowledge by periodically attending conferences and user forums.
- Provide project team regular updates on status of dossier development and country registrations
- Maintain current, accurate, and accessible information concerning global registration requirements.
- Collaborate with department staff GSARA Functional experts/regional team members to summarize and analyze new regulations and emerging regulatory trends.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Polymer Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience in a consumer product environment with a focus on mechanical design, testing, prototyping, material characterization, modeling and simulation or M. S Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years similar experience.
- Experience with DOE, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, FEA/CFD software.
- Ability to apply CAD to prototype parts for testing purposes.
- Proactive and results oriented, with suitable project management skills.
- Ability to synthesize current state of technology capability and design approaches to enhance and execute against plans.
- Leadership, influence, and teamwork skills to effectively work across internal organizational boundaries.
Desired Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- M.S degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong expertise in using of CAD tools like SolidWorks.
- Experienced in developing and applying test methods in an engineering lab.
- Hands-on experience in conducting laboratory experiments in support of modeling work.
- Knowledgeable in the mechanical properties of polymer materials.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and presentation skills to effectively converse with and align technical consultants, scientists, project leaders and senior management, and with ability to translate complex technical information into simple logical stories.
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 0- 5% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.