Associate Manager, Mechanical EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10183 Apply
Reporting to the Surface RD&E Director, the Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in identifying, developing and testing delivery systems for concentrate and non-concentrate chemistries across all business areas, but with focus on surface applications. The Mechanical Engineer will ensure that core engineering competencies around concentrate delivery are maintained and strengthened
- Lead and manage global packaging and/or delivery systems technical development through to launch.
- Lead outside design and manufacturing resources to assure the timely delivery of the internal project.
- Lead R&D teams as Technical project manager.
- Coordinate with the efforts of the larger multi-disciplined team to achieve project objective.
- Identify next generational materials or dispensing technologies that would benefit the business.
- Qualify packaging components through lab testing, line trials and dilution rate testing.
- Understand and insure that packaging meets DOT and regulatory requirements.
- Use root cause analysis to identify packaging and/ or dispensing system issues and recommend needed change
- Provide technical leadership in multiple packaging disciplines; dispensing systems, materials, closures, manufacturing requirements, plastic molding techniques and product/environment compatibility.
- Serve as Technical Mentor.
Office based with some international travel, as required.
Experience/proven track record working with design and manufacturing partners outside the organization
Experience working with injection molding, blow molding and plastic component sub assembly
Strong knowledge of packaging commercialization requirements, such as material compatibility, primary, secondary, shipping specifications
Led and managed global packaging and/or delivery systems technical development from ideation through to launch.
Coordinate with the efforts of the wider, multi-disciplinary team to achieve project objectives
Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
Results-oriented with a clear focus on high quality and timely delivery of objectives.
Excellent project management skills
Strong Communication Skills: Excellent with people, skilled in Power Point and proficient in CAD (Solid Works preferred)
Use root cause analysis to identify packaging and/ or dispensing system issues and recommend needed change
Good level of IT capability including but not limited to basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s Degree required In Mechanical Engineering and five year of related experience, or an advanced degree with three years of related experience
The ability to travel internationally
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.