Associate Manager, Procurement - North America 3rd Party ManufacturingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14453 Apply
The Associate Manager, Procurement - North America 3rd Party Manufacturing will be responsible for creating a strategic advantage for SCJ in this critically important regional spend. In this role, you’ll lead the execution of the commercial direction set for a selected Contract Manufacturing network in the region. You’ll establish and maintain a network of 3rd party Manufacturers (3PM) that delivers customer service, cost, quality and innovation through identifying, selecting and developing 3PMs, performing biddings, negotiations and contracts, and establishing cost saving programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the commercial relationship of a selected number of 3PMs to deliver Cost, Cash, Supplier Reduction, SHE, Quality, Customer Service, DP and Sales Growth
- Working closely with regional Supply Chain Leadership Team, deploy strategies that ensure a robust, reliable, cost effective & flexible contract manufacturing network is in place to deliver business objectives
- Leads the process of regional supply market understanding, regional search, selection and contract strategy alignment for a specific category.
- Develop and manage strategic regional supplier alliances with a select group of suppliers to assure a preferred status in the presentation of new technologies and innovation opportunities, while creating an advantaged cost position for SCJ in the region.
- Build strategic Contractor relationships as part of the Contractor Relationship Management process
- Lead the creation, negotiation and execution of legal contracts with Contract Manufacturers to fully cover the spend in control.
- Lead cross-functional teams, projects and programs to deliver year-over-year cost savings and cash improvements
- Seek and share best practices and develop synergies in key areas such as market analysis, cost modeling, risk analysis, benchmarking and development of Procurement Strategies
- Support a culture of strong performance, working in partnership with the regional Supply Chain organization to ensure contingency plans exist, an understanding of alternate supply sources is developed, and a balanced risk approach to business awards is achieved to maintain a healthy level of mutual importance with the supplier, and minimize instances of sole sourcing
- Champion change management activities within the team to continually improve the efficiency and quality of contract manufacturing execution in order to deliver greater effectiveness of service for the company.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Business/Engineering/Finance or related field
- 5+ years of combined experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods industry
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 2+ years’ experience in Procurement preferred
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to develop regional business cases and strategic business plans
- Demonstrated strategic sourcing skills
- Demonstrated skills include strategic thinking, leadership, negotiations, and problem analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a vast number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a cross functional environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects
- Exhibits key Procurement capabilities as illustrated below:
- Use financial data to inform decision making (Level 3-Advanced)
- Negotiation Skills (Level 3-Advanced)
- Risk Management: Address risks & identify opportunities within projects (Level 2- Proficient)
- Facilitate sourcing (Level 2 - Proficient)
- Supplier Relationship Management (Level 2 - Proficient)
- 15% Travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.