Associate Manager, Procurement – North America Plastics PortfolioRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16530 Apply
The Associate Manager, Procurement – North America Plastics Portfolio will support the Rigid Plastics & Resin portfolio for North America across all Business Units along with two other team members. The category annual spend is over USD 400MM with a significantly high level of technical and supply complexity. This role will support the development and execution of NA Procurement strategy to create cost savings (and inflation mitigation), mitigate supply risk, and contribute to increased delivered profit (DP), while developing a deeper understanding of the business and the market to identify insights/opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a deep level of understanding of the regional supply base (as well as global suppliers who supply a resin, component or finished good into the regional markets) and identifies areas of opportunity to drive cost, innovation, risk management and other value added elements of a supplier relationship in the regions.
- Support data analysis for supplier negotiations, special projects, and commercial responsibilities.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of supply contingency plans.
- Support the formulation and implementation of regional procurement strategy and lead cross functional teams to execute cost savings (and inflation mitigation) value, mitigate supply risk, and contribute to increased delivered profit (DP).
- Support development of the regional strategy for regional spend including; Pumps/Triggers, Caps/Closures, Custom/Stock Injection Molded Components, Bottles and Resins for Internal Molding facilities and Home Storage Business. Develop and execute regional strategy through:
- Baseline establishment
- Development of key levers and strategies for the regions
- Cost modelling
- RFI/RFP processes
- Supplier sourcing and new product support
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Contract negotiation/execution
- Coordinate internal alignment with cross-functional partners in alignment with Procurement Initiatives
- Develop a high level of depth of understanding of the regional and global supply market for the spend and provide feedback when working within cross-functional teams
- Strong financial acumen with thorough understanding of P&L and balance sheet levers
- Assist the team in developing detailed cost build up (development of clean sheet and Total Cost of Ownership tools) and drivers for spend to enable fact based negotiations
- Support SCJ’s Corporate Working Capital Improvement initiatives
- Assist with the legal contract process, ensuring the NA team has legal contracts in place for all spends >$1MM (or equivalent)
- Ensure actionable supply assurance and contingency plans in event of supply outages
- As part of the NA team, deliver committed cost savings and value goals for the regional spend
- Develop global acumen of regional and global sources of supply that can be leveraged to create credible competition, flexibility and best cost position
- Assist team in activities to support SCJ’s environmental leadership objectives laid out in Strategy 2025
- Collaborate with cross functional and global procurement teams
- Maintain up to date knowledge of multiple commodity trends including regional and global influences and develop communications of forecasts and market dynamics for key stakeholders
- Manage and/or participate in special projects in support of long-term business plans; e.g., commodity harmonization or standardization programs, new product launches, dedicated production facilities, new global sources of supply, new technology for the regional spend
- Deliver quarterly inflation forecasts and re-estimates used in the SCJ inflation and Corplan budgeting process
- Deliver Monthly Cost Savings, Working Capital and Sustainability updates to continuously track status against targets
- Collaborate with GVM/DTV/ PCM to ensure year on year progress against the procurement strategy (most flexible specifications, multiple suppliers qualified etc)
- Develop Should Cost Models, Clean Sheet, TCO, Supply and Demand Analysis to drive regional strategy, supplier selections and DP margin improvement
- Leverage new technology for the regional spend where opportunity exists to enhance product performance and/or create additional flexibility
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Business/Finance or related field or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ years of business experience in supplier facing roles across key Global Supply Chain areas such as Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement and/or RD&E
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 3+ years in Procurement to gain depth of procurement skills in key tools such as clean sheets and total cost of ownership
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Strong organizational agility to deal with Senior Directors and VPs, both internally and externally (with suppliers).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop business cases and strategic business plans in support of the region.
- Key skills include organizational communication and networking ability, strategic thinking, leadership, strong influencing skills, high level communication, negotiations, and problem analysis.
- Proven track record of cross functional collaboration.
- Successful experience in Product Supply with a broad knowledge of manufacturing process and packaging equipment.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.