Associate Manager, ProcurementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10371 Apply
This is a key role in Procurement Operations to deliver Operational Excellence, supporting the Process Team to deliver Customer Service, Process Improvement, Innovation and Growth, Capability, Cost and Cash, and other objectives. This role leads process improvement initiatives for North America Procurement operations that deliver results to the key metrics of the department – including customer service, cost and cast, capability, and innovation integration. This role is the primary point of integration with New Product Development and RedEl which requires a very high level understanding of supply chain complexity. This role is critical to resolving and escalating issues as they arise to ensure projects meet cost, delivery and quality targets. In addition to process improvement and NPD responsibilities, this role supports and leads key strategic work. Depending on the year, strategic work may shift based on key department priorities which could include cost savings tracking or other PMO project management work as needed.
Process Improvement and Capabilities:
- Identify and implement process improvements within Procurement and with other functional areas to minimize cost, reduce waste, and increase speed
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate SCJ related SRM issues within cross functional teams – including, but not limited to: MOQs, lead time optimization, and forecasting within both 3PM and raw/pack operations)
- Lead NA Procurement operations team in the process of identifying and eliminating root cause of red metrics
- Participate in the development/implementation of global standard processes
Innovation and Growth:
- Ensure cost, customer service, and quality goals of NPD and RedEl initiatives are met, as central Procurement point of contact on these critical projects
- Lead improvement projects to streamline NPD and RedEl requirements
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operation Management, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, or related field
- Lean/Six Sigma expertise
- SAP or other planning/ERP expertise
- Ability to use Microsoft Office-System Skills and Navigation (Excel, Access)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Self-starter, Drive for results, Good decision quality
- Analytical skills and understanding of source data
- Manage complexity and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated Strategic Thinking, problem solving and leadership ability
- Integrity, trust, and courage
- Ability to communicate and negotiate/influence effectively with internal/external parties
- Manage priorities, working with minimal direction. Excellent Planning & Organization skills
- Build and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally
- Project management training/experience
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
We are a committed team of collaborative, diverse and purpose-driven All-For-Oners and Wave Makers. Together, we are high-performing and socially responsible, and everybody works at their best while encouraging each other to reach their full potential. From your very first day, you will become a part of our team and feel a connection to your colleagues, while also experiencing a strong sense of trust, honesty and respect.
Join us and you will experience a unique culture of camaraderie and support where both individual and collective accomplishments that contribute to our success are recognized and celebrated.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.