Associate Manager, ProductionRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10678 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for defined business objectives and people management responsibilities.
- Ability to make tough decisions and convert business strategy into action.
- Meets safety, quality, cost, productivity & environmental goals through the promotion and support of his/her work team(s).
- Helps resolve line issues within area of scope (i.e. overtime, flow to work, contract labor, etc.).
- Builds the team through training, development, and positive reinforcements.
- Leads labor staffing and planning for an Area.
- Ensures communication of shift safety, quality, cost, and OEE metrics on a daily basis to the production supervisors.
- Leads problem solving activities and works to build capabilities of Lean Systems including APT and Loss Team Coaching.
- Seeks opportunities for Lean and other operational initiatives.
- Delivers continuous improvement activity projects in support of key metrics in safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Collaborates with other support functions (i.e. facilities, engineering, IS, security, cafeteria, employee training center, medical center, MHG, SHEQ, etc.) as needed.
- Follows existing protocols and enforces internal policies.
- Participates in task forces and core groups that resolve Waxdale issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with SCJ policies, procedures, and in line with SCJ core values.
- Bachelor degree and minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of people management or experience leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to convert goals into action oriented initiatives, and to execute accordingly.
- Demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and team problem-solving.
- Strong experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage change management processes.
- Open, honest communication style with interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Assertive self-starter with high initiative and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to identify actionable, business critical goals that can be influenced by business work teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cost savings initiatives and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Packaging, Process, and Maintenance experience is a plus..
- Full-time with ability to work on 2nd and/or 3rd shift.
- Working conditions may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Integrity & Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Priority Setting - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drive for Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision Quality - Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Developing Direct Reports - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Building Effective Teams - Build strong teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Delegation - Giving others authority, responsibility, and autonomy to make decisions and execute tasks or assignments.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.