Associate Manager, Project Management, CommercializationRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17475 Apply
The Associate Manager, Project Management, Commercialization is responsible for delivering projects with moderate complexity in the Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases. This role guides the team through these phases to ensure deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed. They drive integration with the regional execution team and ensure alignment with business commitments. This position will manage multiple, simultaneous projects, typically with moderate complexity supply chains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverage business acumen to understand market and category dynamics to optimize business results
• Manage projects through the Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk/mitigation plans.
• Coordinate activities of functional team members to execute plans that will meet commitments of key deliverables
• Develop and manage detailed project schedule to meet launch commitments in each country defined in project scope
• Manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices
• Assure all appropriate cross-functional subject matter experts are engaged to deliver key sub processes and milestones required for the project, with focus on meeting cost of sales, capital, quality, and customer service metrics for the project (including first arrival date and case fill rates)
• Provide project leadership within a regional cross functional team to drive the Commercialization and Launch of innovative projects
• Track project progress against deliverables/milestones, issue status reports, and escalate breakdowns and issues as necessary
• Maintain Project Documentation (Master Data in PWA, MS Project Timeline, StageGate Documents, Risk Register, Issue Log, OneNote, Close Out Report, etc.) as needed
• Manage communication plan internal to team and external to team (Stakeholders, Sponsors, and Executives)
• Model strong R&D functional skills, including appropriate skills in effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality, robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor, and technical curiosity
• Apply root cause analysis and problem-solving skills to identify the most critical factors that impact successful project implementation
• Draw on functional expertise to enable successful commercialization
• Demonstrate SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture
• Apply in-depth functional knowledge to complete projects
• Participates in the PM Community of Practice
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, purchasing, planning, distribution, product development and/or commercialization, or Master’s Degree with at least 3 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Project Management (PMI) or Supply Chain (APICS) certification
• Experience in Project Management in consumer package goods development, manufacturing, purchasing, planning, distribution and/or commercialization.
• Experience in new product launches, contract manufacturing, and financial analysis as it relates to operations
• Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
• Demonstrated Project Management skills
• Ability to motivate non-direct reports; keep teams working well together
• Ability to operate in a complex, non-structured environment
• Possess clear and concise communication skills/collaboration skills, especially across countries; orchestrate effective meetings
• Possess key attributes including: creativity, adaptability, persuasiveness, perseverance, and strategic thinking
• Demonstrates high degree of initiative and excellent problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
• Full Time
• Core Business Hours
• 0-10% travel
• Office Environment
• Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.