Associate Manager, Project Management, Global Supply Chain Innovation & EngineeringRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 18736 Apply
- Be accountable to the supply chain organization to ensure that new product offerings can be safely and efficiently manufactured with the technology required to make them.
- Determine global capital needs and COS estimates, by working with GSC and Regional SME’s and provide global sourcing plans and supply chain maps to ensure an adequate global supply chain to meet marketing volume forecast plans.
- The GSCI Lead is responsible for the regional technical connection from globally led innovation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the Global Supply Chain timeline deliverables per the GSC Playbook and provide to the global project manager for integration into the overall project timeline.
- Initiate make vs. buy analyses in all sourcing locations and ensure sourcing considerations are accounted for to meet global demand application and scope (i.e. countries committed) and acknowledge all potential trade-offs.
- Assemble the regional GSC inputs to the global business MEA – If required.
- Provide GSC technical assessment and manage the Technical Guide.
- Effectively manage and communicate project risks.
- Support development of the Scoping Document, Development Objective, Design Guide, and other key project documents throughout Ideation and Development phases. Work with regional teams to ensure inputs needed for commercialization are prepared.
- Work with project teams to prepare for Stage gate reviews and Technical Review and depending the kind and phase of each project.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture in the Supply Chain team.
- Interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation. Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives.
- Demonstrate strong functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field required with minimum of 5 years experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or R&D,
- Or Master’s degree in a business or technical field required with minimum of 3 years experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or R&D.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge of operations, procurement and sourcing.
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation.
- Sustainable track record in identifying, developing and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Strong understanding of Total Cost of Ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost. This requires sound understanding of cost drivers in supply chain management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making with stakeholder alignment
- Highly organized, flexible, and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail.
- Leadership, sound judgment, and solid technical problem-solving skills are essential.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas.
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter.
- MS Excel, Power Point Proficiency.
Internal applicants - this is an I level role.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.