Associate Manager, Project Management, New Product Development LeadRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20962 Apply
- The Associate Manager of Project Management is empowered to lead the RDE function in ideation and development of new product offerings that meet ever changing consumer desires.
- Projects involve activity from idea exploration, technology identification, and feasibility evaluation while defining and delivering against a consumer learning journey that informs product design.
- The role also has accountability for driving critical project management activity, navigating a cross-functional team through a transformation towards a more rapid ‘test & learn’ approach. This includes proactive budget, resource, and risk management, along with trade-off and stakeholder escalation discussions to enable progress against aligned milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring an infectious level of curiosity and bias for action to project teams, building new product concepts and technology solutions that fulfil consumer needs and enable business growth goals.
- Lead projects with discipline and creativity, with responsibility for core team and stakeholder meeting coordination, success criteria definition, project timeline and budget management, efficient resource requests, along with strong risk management and issue escalation.
- Demonstrate a growing ability to manage ambiguity & uncertainty during early ideation activity, with a sense of urgency and agility
- Demonstrate creativity in defining new processes and pathways in cross-functional collaboration that unlock speed for our team, and for the company
- Draw on scientific and functional expertise from within and beyond the organization to guide teams in successful discovery and evaluation of relevant technology for fast adapt application
- Model R&D functional skills including; Effective communication, quality in design, regulatory compliance, product safety, and scientific rigor.
- Make SCJ a great place to work. Join an employee resource group, contribute to the Project Management Community of Practice, and care for your fellow employees, our community, and the environment.
- Build awareness and incorporate a sustainable mind-set within your project work and company interactions
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years of experience in new product development management for consumer product goods, OR a master’s degree with at least 3 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in eCommerce platforms and fulfillment requirements.
- Breadth and depth in new product development practices, competitive product/technology and IP landscape monitoring, along with designing delivery systems for performance and sustainability.
- Proven record leading project teams on complex business and technical challenges.
- Experience working with design and manufacturing partners outside the organization, particularly involving rapid prototyping methods, injection molding, blow molding, and/or component design.
- Ability to create and utilize product development methods and tools (such as prioritization matrices, value mapping, etc.) to solve technical problems and deliver against product design criteria.
- Excellent communicator with experience presenting ideas with courage and conviction to senior leadership.
- Innate curiosity to explore products and brands beyond current business responsibilities, informing new possibilities from both apparent successes and failures.
- A natural tendency to investigate (tinker) on ways to solve new problems, or alternative solutions that improve design through performance, quality, or efficiency benefits by removing barriers and challenging assumptions.
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.