Associate Manager, Quality EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15030 Apply
The Quality Engineer plans and executes the Supplier Quality Assurance Audit (SQA) Program for suppliers and third-party manufacturers by planning, executing, improving and providing follow-up for North America. The individual in this role will educate and train team members on SQA, GMP and OTC requirements. In addition, other responsibilities include collaborating, implementing, and participating in the Quality Engineering programs aimed at preventing product safety and quality problems from occurring to ensure the quality of products manufactured in 3PM’s throughout development while ensuring the quality of materials supplied to the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run Internal Suppliers Segmentation assessment annual refreshment.
- Work with suppliers on action plans required to solve findings from SQAs and improvement actions needed to achieve improvement on SQA scores.
- Plan and implement annual overall improvement goal for SQA scores average.
- Evaluate new suppliers.
- Define Quality Quotation Guidelines (minimum quality requirements for new suppliers.
- Partner with Procurement on Suppliers Contracts to ensure Quality requirements are included.
- Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process at early stages of product development.
- Partake in CAPA/Escalated Issues/GEN23/GEN28/Consumer Complaints/Waivers and other problem resolution teams.
- Collaborate with others on Microbial assessments in 3PM´s and suppliers.
- Participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs.
- Ensure the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed by actively participating on project teams, Technical Reviews and in other forums.
- Support quality activities related to Imported FG or materials to the NA Region (Containment in Americas and escalation/collaboration with the exporting region). Make timely decisions concerning nonconforming materials, products and processes to ensure that the company meets its safety, quality and business objectives.
- Develop and complete product compliance audits, layered audits, deep product testing annual programs for assigned 3PM´s and suppliers. Support SCJ´s Kosher Program.
- Identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity.
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes.
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
review of consumer complaint data.
- Collaborate with many internal and external stakeholders to communicate SCJ´s requirements, resolve problems and obtain information on materials and processes used in the manufacture of products, or on items and equipment used in the Quality Assurance laboratories.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or combination of other degree and relevant experience to be evaluated)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant quality/engineering experience
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CRE) or willing to obtain within 2 years
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 1+ year of experience in supplier quality
- Experience with high-volume consumer products in a Pharma or Automotive industry
- Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
The incumbent should possess thorough and updated knowledge of applicable quality engineering techniques, which include:
- Experience on OTC/GMP/Cosmetics/Microbiology requirements auditing
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, DOE, etc.)
- Relevant Quality Engineering / Production process knowledge
- Expert on GPM and OTC requirements
- Experience on Quality system auditing: ISO 9001:2008/2015
- Experience in supplier development and auditing
- Knowledge of applied statistics including process capability, sampling, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling, Statistic Process Control.
- Preventive Quality tools (Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc)
- Microbiology and sanitary equipment and installations knowledge
- Understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies
- Effective communication within all levels of the organization around design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities.
- Full Time
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%).
- Will work with the highest level of compliance to Safety, Health and Environment rules and regulations
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.