Associate Manager Registered Nurse, Medical ServicesRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17348 Apply
The Registered Nurse (Associate Manager) will provide occupational health nursing services and education at SC Johnson corporate locations. This person will provide medical oversight, training, continuing education, operational support and resources for onsite staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first-aid services to injured employees according to medical directives. Refers employees to emergency service as needed.
- Assists employees with illnesses, providing basic care and referral to primary care physician.
- Administers and conducts medical screening, wellness and health promotion programs in line with company programs and policies (e.g., biometric screenings for wellness programs, flu vaccinations). Partners with management to design programs and approach to execution.
- Provides case management services by collaborating with medical providers, when appropriate, to ensure employee is progressing to return to work status and resources are efficiently utilized. Provides consultative services on the appropriateness of medical care, rehabilitation programs and educational programs. Provides continuous feedback, evaluation, and metrics on the case management program process and outcomes.
- Collaborates with management regarding job responsibilities, coordination of health services with other company policies, and promoting health education and counseling for employees.
- Follows up with employees to assist with medical-related issues to ensure compliance with plan of care. Contacts employees on lost time or modified duty at reasonable intervals; keeps supervisors informed of progress.
- Provides CPR and first-aid training for Emergency Response Team and for other appropriate staff.
- Works with other departments to ensure workplace clinical guidelines are followed and to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, such as Workers Compensation Law, OSHA, DOT, and the ADA. Works closely with the medical director for additional guidance.
- Maintains OSHA log for injured employees, filing the WC-12 report with the insurance carrier on a timely basis. Maintains and adheres to OSHA record keeping requirements. Maintains and utilizes other reports for quality assurance, tracking, and medical surveillance, as required by employer.
- May be involved in maintaining and aggregating clinical data from multiple applications to provide information and insights that can be used to make sound business decisions and plan for future needs. This may require working collaboratively with across the medical team and other functional departments (e.g., SHE, BPT, HR, etc.).
- Act as a resource to troubleshoot issues with medical systems/applications.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee health information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines. Maintains medical files for employees, including short-term disability, worker's compensation, medical restrictions, and medical history information.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 4+ years of experience in clinical nursing including experience in occupational health, ergonomics, or safety training or within an urgent care or emergency room setting
- Registered Nurse license for Wisconsin (Illinois licensure a plus) and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN) a plus
- Working knowledge of OSHA, Workers Compensation claim management, and ADA
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with physicians, patients and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage others diplomatically and tactfully.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple projects and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and productively.
- Strong computer skills including experience in the use of Microsoft Office or similar products and medical-related information systems.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Full-time position
- Hours may vary to support various shifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
- Minimal travel
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- Carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- Perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision, speech, and hearing.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical hazards as well as blood and body fluids; therefore, personal protective equipment must be worn as necessary.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.