Associate Manager, Release CoordinatorRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23622 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
The Release Coordinator is part of SC Johnson’s Global Solution Delivery function within the IT organization, reporting to the director for Application Engineering. The Release Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing the IT software releases for both SAP and non-SAP. The SAP release processes are well established. The release coordinator will expand and adjust release management to include non-SAP and to accommodate an agile delivery model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities across the enterprise
- Build the IT Release Calendar working closely with key stakeholders from different portfolios across IT and centralizing the view of all releases
- Work with project managers to ensure milestones are aligned with releases, interdependencies are addressed, and the integrity of the release can be measured
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, quality, and schedule
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews
- Ensure best practices are followed during the release, including the creation of and execution against high quality deployment plans and checklists
- Communicate release details, schedules and planned outages to stakeholders.
- Provide reporting to leadership on release status and quality
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Participate in DevOps Program to enable speed of IT delivery
- Manage all SAP transport migrations using Rev-Trac across multiple landscape
- Maintain the inventory list of SAP systems, versions, and relevant landscape details
- Oversee and manage the SAP system refreshes and major application upgrades across all SAP landscapes
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5 years of experience in Information Systems, or combination of Information Systems and business experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Practical business and financial knowledge
- Experience supporting mission critical systems
- SAP Basis and Transport Management Experience
- Release Management Experience
- DevOps experience
- ITIL Certification
- Basic Project Management skills, including both Agile and Waterfall delivery experience
- Cloud Delivery experience
- Execution Excellence - the ability to drive and maintain accountability for commitments
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders. Experience presenting to leadership
- Full time
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.