Associate Manager, SAP Basis EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13769 Apply
The Associate Manager, SAP Basis Engineer will provide technical expertise in SAP BASIS application administration to IT infrastructure side (i.e. platform, servers and network), SAP functional teams as well as other SAP users/stakeholders. He/she will manage and provide guidance to the 3rd party vendor in performing maintenance and housekeeping work, troubleshooting, performance tuning, new builds, software decommissioning and project implementations. The individual will ensure that the production environment running SAP applications are stable and running optimally.
He/she will design, develop, test and debug, and implement complex SAP operating components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control/security of the current and future global SAP computer systems. Extensive experience in managing technical projects, and collaboration with clients and other service providers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously research to understand new technology trends including current SAP technologies and be able to communicate clearly the business impact and benefits to the SC Johnson organization.
- Lead and participate in SAP technical improvement projects implementing new processes, technologies, and infrastructures using SCJ project management methodologies.
- Participate in Global Enterprise projects providing technical expertise and influencing technical decisions.
- Perform SAP and related software installations, upgrades, testing, and configuration supporting enterprise projects.
- Regularly review and perform preventative and corrective maintenance through Change Management processes and maintenance schedules to meet minimum unplanned down time.
- Provide high level customer service support in daily problem and performance management through in-depth root cause analysis.
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures and documentation and participates in scheduled tests.
- Plan, communicate, and coordinate between internal customers and infrastructure teams to deliver Basis services per service level agreement, e.g system refreshes, upgrades, etc.
- Maintain and update technical documentation as well as mentor other team members.
- Manage customer relationships through understanding and anticipating customer’s immediate and future needs.
- Participate in off hour escalation/support as needed.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of experience of most recent relevant experience in SAP Basis administration
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Maturity in handling SAP applications running in DB2, maxDB, SQL, Hana DB, in AIX, Linux, Windows and Azure (and other cloud platforms)
- Well versed in managing SAP Netweaver systems ABAP, Java, Frontend, webapps etc.
- Knowledge in SAP integration to other applications (e. g. Informatica, Filenet etc.)
- ITIL process familiarity
- At least 2 full cycle project implementations
- Experience in SAP system migration projects
- DB2 expertise, BOBJ experience, Fiori apps configuration and troubleshooting experience, livecompare, revtrac knowledge and SAP ARC and Filenet archiving
- SAP in Azure/AWS and other cloud platform experience
- SAP/Cloud certification/s
- Experience in managing third party vendor/managed service team
- Scripting skills (bash, Korn, Python, Powershell etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, result-driven, and adaptable.
- Experience leading technical projects and project resources.
- Experience supporting mission critical systems.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.