Associate Manager, Supply Chain 'Design to Value' Project ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15072 Apply
The Associate Manager, Design to Value (DTV) leads cross functional teams on Global projects and ensures project timeline and key deliverables (Cost, Timing, Quality, and Customer Service) are completed. The Associate Manager leads the Global team to Design Freeze and then works with Regional counterparts to ensure Commercialization and Launch activities are completed. Additionally, the Associate Manager serves as Supply Chain Lead on DTV Teardown teams to identify cost Savings complexity reduction, and value-add opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as GPS Lead on cross-functional teardown teams:
- Participate in and/or lead global teardowns and deep-dives focused on integrated optimization of product design, supply chain, manufacturing processes and distribution networks. The goal of the teardown process is to highlight or add features that promote sales while eliminating those attributes that only serve to drive cost.
- Lead the creation of a cost database for the teardown team to enable the teardown team to key in on major cost drivers.
- Work with cross functional and global partners to define teardown scope and success criteria.
- Provide in-depth perspective of supply chain, procurement, sourcing strategy and manufacturing in the DTV Teardown process either from direct experience or liaising with relevant functional experts.
- Work with DTV leadership teams and external partners to convert learning and insights into meaningful actions. Provide leadership in the development and execution of initial concepts related to cost savings, complexity reduction, sustainability improvements and/or consumer value.
Manages multiple, simultaneous projects, with simple to moderate supply chain and technical complexity:
- Lead regional cross functional project teams or serve as GPS Lead on project teams to ensure Project timeline and key deliverables are completed for commercialization and launch of DTV and Procurement cost savings projects.
- Successfully manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices, identifying and collaborating with DTV team on process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage detailed regional timeline and risk identification / mitigation plans to achieve project objectives.
- Continually identify options for compressing timelines through effective risk management.
- Assure all appropriate cross-functional Subject Matter Experts are engaged to deliver key sub-processes and milestones required for the project, with particular focus on meeting Cost of Goods, Quality and Customer Service metrics for the project – including First Arrival date and Case Fill Rates.
- Execute projects per launch dates in each country defined at Design Freeze.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date cost savings estimates for assigned projects in approved system.
- Track project progress against milestones, issue status reports and escalate issues as necessary to DTV Leadership team
- Support project from Regional initiation through start up and supply chain stabilization.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BS or BA technical/business degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance, Global Supply Chain and/or related role(s)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Certifications: Project Management (PMI) or Supply Chain (APICS) certification preferred
- Education: MBA preferred
- High level of analytical skills and mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated project management experience, including risk and opportunity management
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Clear and concise communication skills; orchestrate effective meetings
- Experience gathering, organizing, and evaluating financial data in order to support business decision making
- Previous global experience preferred
- Ability to motivate non-direct reports; keep teams working well together
- Operate in dynamic, complex, non-structured environment
- Proficiency in MS Project and/or similar project management software
- Full time position
- Up to 10% travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.