Auditor/Data Analyst, Global Internal AuditRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15850 Apply
The Auditor/Data Analyst, Global Internal Audit will split their time between two critical functions within SC Johnson’s Global Internal Department.
Data Analytics (approximately 50%)
The Global Internal Audit Auditor/Data Analyst will be responsible for developing data driven audit procedures using data analytics and process automation. This individual will be responsible for extracting financial data using ACL (Galvanize) from the Company’s ERP system (SAP, S/4HANA, Netsuite) and analyzing the data through tools like Excel, Tableau, etc. This position will communicate the results to the Internal Audit team and/or business partners for further interpretation. Additionally, this individual will work on project-based assignments for the Internal Audit department to create additional analytics and automate different areas of the audit program using robotics process automation or other automation techniques. Candidates should have a willingness to learn and implement new technologies as well as inform the business on the benefits of technological adaptation.
Traditional Auditing - Finance and IT (approximately 50%)
The Global Internal Audit Auditor/Data Analyst will conduct both financial and IT audits of SC Johnson’s domestic and international businesses to make recommendations to improve internal controls, design and effectiveness of the Company’s systems, operational efficiencies, adopt Company/industry best practices and assess compliance with corporate policies, contracts and industry or government regulations.
The position collaborates with Finance Directors and leadership to help ensure that the company’s internal controls are designed to address appropriate risks and are effective to (1) protect and (2) enhance value. This position gains exposure to many functional areas of the Company, including finance, manufacturing, marketing, sales, logistics, Research and Development, and Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the data analytics and automation strategy as presented to the audit committee
- Develop and maintain ACL (Galvanize) scripts, and robotics process automation (RPA).
- Analyze large datasets; applying mathematical, statistical and quantitative analysis techniques to perform complex analyses and data mining
- Identify opportunities for expansion of data analytics program and process improvement
- Partner with cross functional partners to implement/maintain a continuous monitoring program.
- Lead and partner on internal audits and other projects, gaining ongoing opportunities to demonstrate leadership and individual initiative.
- Evaluate business processes and their capabilities for managing key business risks.
- Partner with clients to find constructive and value-added recommendations for improving operations.
- Assist employees to design and maintain more efficient processes to support business objectives.
- Execute critical projects as requested by Company management (e.g., acquisitions, system pre-implementation readiness assessments, process improvement studies, etc.).
- Work with external auditors or outside consultants on projects, when applicable
- Research and share leading-edge ideas and best practices with clients.
- Develop audit plans for more ambiguous ad-hoc reviews
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, preferably with an Accounting or Finance emphasis (CPA is a plus)
- At least 3+ years of experience in public accounting, internal audit or accounting/ finance
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without work authorization
- The candidate should have a genuine interest in the application of data analytics to improve business performance and controls
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- SAP experience
- Prior participation in projects and teams; demonstration of skills related to critical thinking, good judgement, team building, proactive issue resolution, creativity and independence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to interface with all levels of management
- Foreign language skills
- General technical knowledge, aptitude and desire to learn new technical skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Experience automating, streamlining and continuously assessing internal controls. Experience with ACL(Galvanize) and Robotics Process Automation (i.e. Automation Anywhere) applications a plus
- The position typically requires approximately 20% travel (domestic and international); Three to four international trips each fiscal year (generally two weeks each).
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.