Chemical Processing OperatorRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13937 Apply
Chemical Processing Operators are members of the Processing department within Waxdale where the primary purpose it to combine raw materials through manual and automated addition processes to produce chemical intermediate batches. The Operators support aerosols and liquids filling lines by ensuring safe delivery of high-quality chemical intermediates on time and in full. The Processing team members maintain a strong continuous improvement mindset to execute projects in the areas of safety, quality, and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on business need, team members rotate to different job assignments in multiple processing areas and locations and rotate work schedules.
- Handle various chemicals in a safe manner utilizing Standard Daily Work which complies with SCJ policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Be a self-starter and effectively work with peers across all three shifts in the completion of tasks.
- Perform daily activities in Safety, Quality, Leadership, Lean and other duties as assigned.
- Take ownership for completion of all assigned tasks.
- Accumulate large amounts of information from numerous sources to make quick, accurate decisions.
- Accept responsibility for making decisions affecting the environment, safety, quality, customer service, and productivity.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong problem solving, math and communication skills, including written and interpersonal
- Basic Computer Skills, including MS Office suite
- Past experience in highly regulated processes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of chemical processing experience or minimum 3 years overall relevant manufacturing experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Mechanical background including equipment troubleshooting skills, familiarity with pumps, valves and P&IDs. Maintenance or Pipefitting abilities are a plus.
- Previous experience with automated control systems, including alarm management
- Possess a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work in an empowered team environment including but not limited to giving and receiving positive and critical feedback in a professional manner
- Lean (TPM) knowledge or exposure to concepts (i.e. 5S, autonomous production, editing/creating documents)
- 2nd or 3rd shift
- Team members may be asked to work alternative working schedules (i.e. other than M-F) depending on the needs of the business. Notice will be given per policy prior to moving to an alternative working schedule. Primary assignment will be on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Willingness to work overtime is expected.
- Physical requirements include lifting bags weighing up to 50 pounds, repetitive motion and movement of product line hoses, and up and down stair activity. This includes lifting up to fifty (50) pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling during the duration of the shift.
- All of ones’ time is spent in manufacturing working environment.
- Sometimes an extensive portion of the workday is spent outdoors and in inclement weather.
All potential candidates must pass the Chemical Process Operator test. The selection process will include a Behavioral-Based (Targeted Selection) Interview.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.