Cloud Engineer - Dev/OpsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15941 Apply
The IT Cloud Systems Engineer is part of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department. This role will design, build, configure, and upgrade, technologies in the Cloud. The Cloud Systems Engineer will consult with application owners, and cross-functional teams to design, plan, and deliver Azure solutions.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department owns the engineering, planning, development, delivery, and support of private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- Azure Compute services
- Azure Storage and Data Protection services
- Azure Governance, Control and Security services
- Azure Monitoring and Cost Management services
- Infrastructure as Code Deployment and Management of Azure resources
- Leveraging Terraform/ARM, Azure Repo (Git) and Azure Pipelines
- Infrastructure Cloud services
- Automation and Orchestration
- Performance and Capacity Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex Cloud-based issues (including Terraform code)
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection within Azure
- Manage and provide current usage statistics and provide future projected growth estimates
- Support Hosting Services, Application, and other IT Teams in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members on Cloud Technologies
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks for Cloud Services to support distributed, Windows, Open Systems environments and technologies as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure services
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
- Engineer and develop enterprise hosting solutions to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of engineering, developing or provisioning public cloud services
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related degree or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience
- 3+ years of experience in the engineering (L3), deploying, configuring, and supporting Cloud technologies (IaaS and PaaS) within medium to large-scale companies
- 3+ years of experience with one or more scripting and automation tools (Ansible, Perl, Terraform, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience writing code and deploying Azure Services using Terraform
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Azure certification (Admin or Architect)
- Experience with controlling and securing the Azure environment with RBAC, Azure Policies, Management Group, Network Security Group/Application Security Group, etc.
- Experience with Azure AD (users and groups, service principals, app registration, etc.)
- Experience with scripting using Azure PowerShell modules and Azure CLI
- Experience with writing code and deploying infrastructure using Terraform (v0.12) and ARM templates
- Experience with Git and its workflows, Azure Repo/GitHub
- Experience with authoring code for Azure Pipelines (YAML based multi-stage) and set up workflow for deployment using the pipelines
- Experience with network layers and network infrastructures
- Experience with implementing private and public cloud hosting solutions
- Experience with working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Ability to drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged.
- Ability to establish relationships with strategic public and hybrid cloud vendors to acquire knowledge develop partnerships and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions.
- Ability to communicate architectural solutions to IT senior leaders and other critical stakeholders throughout the architecture planning and design process.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.