Cloud Platform Engineer - Will train on Cloud!Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 21042 Apply
The Cloud Platform Engineer is part of SC Johnson’s Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function within the IT organization, and reports to the Manager - Application Infrastructure Management (AIM). The Cloud Platform Engineering team leads the planning, design, implementation, and stabilization of platforms to support new application and technology solutions (excluding SAP). This role will work closely with application teams to buildout the platforms which includes application installation, configuration, and database services. It will also include setup of any necessary security, automation, monitoring, and platform management processes. SCJ’s platforms have extended into the Cloud, and this role will have the opportunity to define best practices and establish patterns for best-in-class Cloud delivery of applications.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer you will have the opportunity to be able to learn, contribute and grow Cloud and DevOps skills across a diverse technology stack and architectures. Current tech-stack deployed and supported by the Cloud Platform Engineering team include Teradata, Informatica, Tableau, Boomi, SQL PaaS, Azure functions, Automation Anywhere, Azure Data factory etc.
The Cloud Platform Engineer will be the face of I&O, working closely with the Project Managers, Hosting, Network and Security teams to capture the platform requirements and define the deployment approach around on-prem, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS. He / She will play a key role in building out and expanding SCJ’s Cloud capabilities, infrastructure-as-a-code, and DevOps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and architect highly efficient, reliable, and scalable platforms hosting Enterprise and Business Managed solutions.
- Successfully deliver Cloud platform for implementation and migration projects in accordance with company security guidelines
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of Cloud enablement tools with a high level of resiliency and recoverability.
- Establish best practices and processes for delivery of engineering demand.
- Evaluate and Lead application platform migration from on-prem to cloud
- Partner with Security team to implement platform security hardening and design patterns to improve the security posture
- Proactively assess and remediate platform vulnerabilities
- Working closely with operations to ensure smooth transition of platforms to support, including recommendations for future automation and performance and capacity targets.
- Document and publish new standards and design patterns
- Vendor evaluation as part of the new technology innovation.
- Partner with architecture to refine approaches for monitoring, capacity, and lifecycle management.
- Operationalize disaster recovery solutions.
- Champion the resolution of technically significant issues affecting the platform through personal ownership, coordinate teams, and stakeholders.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ years of experience within an IT Infrastructure team
- 2+ years of experience working with a Global team
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in Cloud and DevOps
- System OS Experience (i.e., Windows, Linux)
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation tools (i.e., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong foundational experience in authentication and authorization protocols and tools such as SAML, Active Directory etc.
- Experience in writing technical requirements and/or design specifications
- Experience on both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery approach
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Experience managing multiple complex tasks/initiative spanning a variety of technology areas.
- Execution Excellence - the ability to drive and maintain accountability for commitments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders. Experience presenting to executive leadership.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.