Director, Global Digital Communications & Public AffairsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13915 Apply
As an essential member of the Global Corporate Communication team, the Director of Digital has primary responsibility for the development and execution of SC Johnson’s global corporate digital and social media strategy, including the development of creative, data-driven, branded content for execution across SC Johnson's corporate digital channels to continue to earn trust with key SCJ stakeholders and build affinity with target online/social audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of SCJ’s corporate digital storytelling, reputational management, and amplification strategy.
- Lead and counsel on the curation of organic and paid content across SCJ’s corporate digital ecosystem.
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide strategic counsel on corporate digital strategy (editorial content calendar, creative branded content mix, utilization of analytics/data)
- Manage, analyze and advise on key performance indicators to provide communications insights, informing Public Affairs team of trends and best practices
- Manage and advise on corporate social media protocols (incl. updates to materials, training on social media protocol designed to protect SCJ’s reputation).
- Provide crisis support on issues/crisis management needs, as appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal cross-functional partners including Global Marketing, HR, IT, Government Affairs, and agency partners
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or digital media/technology.
- 10+ years of digital communications & social media experience including content strategy, visual storytelling, community engagement, paid media optimization, reporting, and strategy.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience leading/working with creative teams.
- Experience managing people and external agencies/agency teams.
- Passionate about social media and emerging trends, with exceptional understanding and use of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok
- International experience (e.g. knows regional social/digital platforms such as Weibo).
- Fluency in a foreign language(s) is an asset.
- Strong storytelling, creative, editing, and project management skills.
- Data-driven mindset with extensive experience with analytics and social listening tools.
- Highly self-directed and resourceful with the ability to work independently, while also being a productive team player.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills – strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in collaboration with both technical and non-technical staff to brainstorm, problem solve, and execute.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a commitment to meeting deadlines and improving processes.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.