Director, Global Diversity & InclusionRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 24097 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
Diversity and inclusion is a core tenant of our values and vital to our business strategy. The Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion will assume the important role of ensuring we are forming and supporting an increasingly diverse community and fostering an inclusive culture. The role also provides strategic advice and counsel to the organization’s leadership and the Executive Committee on diversity-related issues. This role will serve as a subject matter expert responsible for managing and executing short-term and long-term objectives at an enterprise-wide level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with our executive and HR leadership teams, expand our existing D&I strategy that supports organizational values and business goals
- Raise awareness and engage others to build an inclusive workforce and culture
- Partner with VP, Global Talent to develop and implement strategy and tactics by business unit/function utilizing a D&I scorecard
- Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company's diversity and inclusion goals
- Act as company liaison with government agencies concerning Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity administration, reporting and compliance
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Maintain compliance with SC Johnson policies, procedures and in country regulations
- Recognize and respond to regional, local and remote employee/candidate diversity needs, issues and initiatives
- Assess, measure and track results of meaningful diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Evolve employee resource groups and community interest groups to positively impact the business through effective leadership, engagement, and program management; Drive the development of robust annual strategies/objectives and tactical plans aligned with the D&I strategy
- Identify and manage relationships with relevant D&I partnerships, organizations, events, and vendors
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure inclusive sourcing and recruiting strategies and to assist in designing and launching programs focused on underrepresented groups that support the development of diverse talent pipelines
- Build, integrate, and promote D&I processes across employee life cycle (TA, Learning, Talent Management, Total Rewards)
- Partner with the corporate communications team to create and broadcast a cohesive internal and external narrative
- Collaborate with executives and leaders to shape their roles as champions and advocates for inclusion and ensuring a sense of belonging
- Maintain a high level of expertise around best practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion; stay abreast of trends and current research
- Lead, coach, and develop direct reports
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing, and leading the execution of measurable and scalable D&I programs and initiatives; experience with media organizations a plus.
- BS or BA degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business. Master’s degree highly desired.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- High degree of discretion and judgment with proven success as a people leader and influencer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience operating in a matrixed environment, and track record of leading through diplomatic influence rather than formal authority
- Strong experience conducting and managing internal audits and affirmative action plans and requirements
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Strong analytical skills, with a track record of using data and metrics to evaluate needs, drive change and measure impact
- Experience liaising with HR driving diversity results- specifically in diversity recruiting, diverse talent management, advancement and retention programs
- Experienced in change management and creating alignment with a diverse set of employees
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.