Director, Infrastructure and Operations – Cloud Architecture and StrategyRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 18323 Apply
The Director, Infrastructure and Operations – Cloud Architecture and Strategy is responsible for designing and managing BPT’s Cloud strategy and leading a global team and projects. The Director of I&O Architecture and Strategy reports to the Senior Director of Infrastructure and Operations. The team under the Director will draft the strategy, builds the High and Low-level designs, own the process and technology architecture of all existing and new projects/programs and continuously operates and improve upon the IT services for SC Johnson’s operations around the world.
The Cloud Architecture and Strategy Director position combines highly technical IT work with significant business acumen and proven people and process leadership skills. The Architecture and Strategy team is deeply technical in that it designs and deploys complex integrated systems in cloud and transform existing applications and systems from on-prem to public cloud. The Director provides strong vision, technical and managerial leadership, and allocates department and divisional resource to a highly dynamic and fast paced team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Derive Cloud strategy, Operating Model and Roadmaps.
- Own the blueprint of all Infrastructure and Operations services that include but not limited to: Network & Telecom, Hosting and Cloud, End user collaboration and compute, Application support (SAP and others) and IT Operations
- Ensure High and Low-Level Designs are produced with least risk, least cost and highest operational integrity in service Information Technology and Business drivers
- Calibrate technology solutions to industry standards and incorporate opportunities arising from emerging technologies
- Lead architecture efforts required to enhance and optimize Infrastructure and Operations service delivery; successfully orchestrating tower architects in the production of best-of-class service delivery product
- Assist in the production of standard, pattern-based solution building blocks that are secure by default, support highest availability and serve to significantly accelerate the production of solution architectures.
- Perform responsibilities within agreed gate-oriented operating models governing Project SDLC and Architecture/Design
- Propose improvements and accelerators through introduction of technology innovation and continuous improvement opportunities
- Lead Team members with performance review, training and skills which are commensurate with overall Network and BPT goals and objectives.
- Establish SC Johnson’s I&O Strategy and technology roadmap in response of Company’s goals and vision.
- Provide technical architectural leadership in response of business challenges.
- Influence and collaborate within and outside BTP function to support BPT initiatives.
- Lead new business requirements into actionable IT solutions and enduring solutions are in line with technological capabilities and cost targets.
- Ensure the compliance of all new infrastructure services with the agreed standards are supporting the integration of and convergence to new solutions as they emerge.
- Define and manage Key Performance Indicators for all I&O services
- Assure technologies implemented for the business remain up-to-date by providing End of Life cycle management and processes.
- This role will require technology knowledge across multiple technologies and platforms such as:
- Azure/ GCP and other cloud technologies
- Microsoft platform services
- Cyber Security (private and public cloud)
- Data Center Technologies
- Server hardware & Virtualization technologies including desktop
- Network – SDN, Micro/Macro Segmentation
- End user Productivity platforms
- Hands on experience with microservices and API architecture
- SAP and Integration fabric Architecture
- Disaster Recovery / High availability
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline required or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 10+ years of experience in an IT engineering and architecture roles
- 3+ years of hands on Cloud transformation experience for complex systems.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction and collaboration across all levels
- Cloud Architecture Certifications
- Certifications around network and telecom
- End user compute and collaboration certifications (Citrix, Office 365 etc.)
- ITILV4 certification
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.