Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations Portfolio ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12883 Apply
Summary: The Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations Portfolio Management role is part of SC Johnson’s IT organization, Business Process and Technology (BPT) and is responsible for managing the overall portfolio and financial commitments for the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function. This role reports to the Senior Director, Infrastructure & Operations. The Director leads the I&O Portfolio Management Office (PMO). This team provides the program and project management needed to deliver the I&O initiatives, manages resource allocations and capacity across I&O, and guides the financial stewardship activities for both I&O projects and run operations.
The Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations Portfolio Management position combines deep portfolio and program management, significant fiscal management capabilities, strong business acumen, leadership skills and knowledge of both infrastructure and application IT work. The director will provide vision and direction to mature the program, project, resource and financial management capabilities within the Infrastructure & Operations function. The Director will enhance the reputation of I&O by building strong and positive working relationships across BPT, accepting ownership, exhibiting follow-through, and exploring opportunities to deliver value to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the intake process for projects that fall under the Infrastructure & Operations Portfolio. Continuously optimize the mobilization of projects – from idea to fully engaged project.
- Display Execution Excellence. Drive and maintain accountability for commitments and financial objectives across the portfolio. Plan, implement and continuously improve processes to meet timelines, budget and performance objectives.
- Ensure delivery of financial commitments for I&O. Represent I&O on the Finance Leadership Team (FLT). Coordinate Budget and Forecasting across I&O. Track pacing against budget, identify and report financials gaps and risks, and recommend actions to address gaps and achieve commitments.
- Manage resource capacity across I&O. Ensure resource allocations are accurate. Identify capacity gaps. Make recommendations to balance capacity across the organization.
- Provide framework to manage I&O portfolio. Establish governance structure across portfolio. Work with Global PMO to continuously improve Project Management tools & methodologies.
- Optimize delivery of projects by establishing clearly defined processes, templates and playbooks, where possible.
- Define/Refine metrics for measuring and reporting progress in project management, financial management and resource management. Incorporate into objectives and lead team to achieve.
- Engage and coordinate across multiple IT and Business functions in execution of the portfolio.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate project teams. Address team concerns and constraints. Build trust among the project stakeholders.Establish a positive experience for anyone connected to the I&O portfolio.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Masters preferred). Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology preferred.
- 10+ years of overall IT Project Management experience with 5 years most recent experience specifically in IT Portfolio/Program Management
- 5+ years of experience in IT people management
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working in a mature PMO utilizing PPM tools, stage gates, and fiscal governance.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Project Delivery Methodologies.
- Infrastructure delivery experience, including networking, hosting, end user computing, cloud.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills.
- Proven ability managing and working with multicultural teams.
- Highly proactive and result-oriented with proven track record of success in all phases of project delivery.
- Sense of urgency and decisiveness. Proactive influence of events rather than passive acceptance of outcomes.
- Cool and rational disposition under pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to interface and influence all levels of management along with mature presentation skills.
- PMI (PMP) or equivalent Certification.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.