Director, RD&E PCM – North AmericaRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11860 Apply
The primary responsibility of the RD&E Director, PCM – North America is to lead a team of RDE technical professionals to achieve North American regional goals of Net Sales, Share, Cost Savings, Delivered Profit Margin and Case Fill Rate through the flawless execution of IGP, regional initiated and supply chain driven projects.
- This business leader is responsible for co-developing and managing a 3-year regional IGP strategy with the SVP, North America and North American Global Supply Chain leadership team.
- This position also leads technical resources to address supply continuity situations to maintain customer service.
- This leader is expected to build a highly capable and engaged team, as well as bench strength for the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Growth is a Team Sport
Possess strong business, market and category acumen to optimize business results across the region.
- Provide deep technical knowledge, business context and competitive set information to global teams to help drive the business decisions for key market battlegrounds in applicable region.
Collaborate with regional business partners to create winning 3-5-year growth initiative plans.
- Build and develop strong partnerships with key regional strategic leaders in Commercial, Finance, GSC. Partner with other regional leaders to guarantee that priorities are covered in a synergistic manner, utilizing the expertise of all regional resources while minimizing “compartmentalization.”
- Drive the regional to global interaction and partnerships with key leaders in category RDE, ensuring the innovation pipeline in development meets the needs of the regional demands.
Be the single point of contact in his/her region responsible for prioritizing and ensuring execution of globally originated projects including NPD launches, e-commerce and sustainability initiatives, Redundancy Elimination, DTV cost savings projects, strategic work such as Macro Reset, 3PM consolidation, etc. Key responsibility is integration of the global plan with Regional requested projects to support key market needs, including but not limited to price pack architecture, key customer requirements, and special packs.
Drive team to execute against local/regional priorities including product changes, cost savings, supplier qualification/validation, special packs, mold management, supply continuity, etc.
- Ensure function-specific responsibilities (Manufacturing, logistics and 3PM operational support, facility upgrades, etc.) are accomplished in balance with commercial projects.
Provide management oversight of the regional new product roll-out including training and the continuous pursuit of best practice process improvements. Ensure regional input appropriately during product development.
- Develop integration processes across E2E Delivery and with key partners in RDE, Procurement, and Global Supply Chain to ensure smooth handoffs between global and regional project teams, while also collaborating with peer Regional TS Directors to guide consistency.
Function as the regional RDE business representative for North America, supporting the team spanning all businesses (Home Cleaning, Air Care, Pest Control, Shoe Care, Home Storage, etc). Will influence portfolio decisions, as well as timing and execution of regional projects and global roll outs.
Drive the regional local testing strategy across all product categories for both regulatory and product performance needs. This includes the strategy for lab facilities, engineer capability and training in the region.
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Ensure RDE organization has the right capability and resources (people, tools, equipment and budget) to drive business results.
- Develop and own strategy and execution for continual evolution of regional RDE organization in concert with other regions and aligned with global strategies. Develop required organization to support both category and cluster focus across the region.
- Set project priorities, timelines, budgets and resources on a regional basis.
- Maintain clear understanding of resourcing, driving flexibility and creativity by finding options around key struggles in the Region.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture across regional team.
- Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives.
- Attract, retain and develop talent while fostering a performance-driven culture.
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
- 10+ years of progressive RD&E experience in the CPG industry.
- Ability to understand both Global and Regional views, operationalize efforts with both in mind, by positively collaborating with regional executive leadership in negotiation, dialogue and planning.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead a diverse RD&E team that includes high caliber engineers and scientists, supporting career development and building a cohesive and effective team.
- Proven ability to lead/manage across countries, functions, divisions and management levels. Strong influencing, strategic thinking and leadership skills and have demonstrated collaboration skills, including strong evidence of cross-functional partnerships/relationships is required.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master degree in Science or Engineering.
- Ideal candidates have experience in both RDE and GPS including leading the NPD process, robust design & qualification, quality assurance and control, capital management and project management.
- Full time.
- Approximately 10-25% travel required to other regional RD&E locations and regional hub in Kuala Lumpur.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.