Director, Registration & Regulatory ComplianceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12382 Apply
This role leads Registration and Regulatory function for North, Central and South America within the larger GSARA (Global Safety Assessment & Regulatory Affairs) Headquarter function.
- The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to coordinate and ensure product related registration and regulatory compliance within region in accordance with project plans and in alignment with corporate policies across the 3 SCJ Business Units (Global Consumer Brands, Lifestyle Brands, SCJ Professional).
- This business leader is responsible for tracking and reporting regulatory and registration activity across the region, establishing suitable metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing aligned solutions.
- This leader ensures that corporate product related regulatory policies are understood and applied consistently across the region.
- Build positive relationships with Regional and Local management, maintaining visibility and communication in Region to ensure that mutual needs are addressed and problems are resolved proactively when possible or rapidly otherwise.
- This leader is expected to build a highly capable, curious and engaged team ensuring the latest regulatory knowledge is available to project teams and decision makers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain situational awareness of regulatory trends in the region and provide interpretive analyses of complex regulatory guidance documents, regulations, or directives that impact the company’s products and operations, summarizing and communicating implications for affected functions. Develop and implement strategies to adapt to the changing environment.
- Enlist relevant cross functional experts to proactively and favorably impact the outcome of emerging or existing issues and to secure positive regulatory reform.
- Capitalize on opportunities to introduce and drive harmonization across the region and across the globe.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop the regional team, ensure that regulatory strategies and activities are aligned across region and integrated with other parts of the business. Ensure that GSARA processes are communicated to and implemented by all subsidiaries in the region.
- Manage talent; prepare promising candidates for future leadership roles by expanding existing opportunities and cross-training.
- Ensure that resourced projects are staffed and that launches are achieved on time and on budget. Ensure that local submissions are in compliance with corporate standards and local regulatory requirements in the region.
- Ensure necessary data requirements for registration dossiers in countries/region are communicated to appropriate SCJ functions to ensure success on initial application. Ensure related databases and systems are updated and validated on agreed schedules.
- Lead the team in developing the necessary capabilities to support regulatory and registration activities for expanding product portfolios across the 3 BU’s
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 10 or more years of regulatory experience with minimum 5 years of regulatory leadership across multiple countries including the USA.
- Experience in developing regulatory and registration strategies and programs across a diverse product portfolio.
- Experience leading virtual teams across geographies and cultures
- Experience in the chemical, fast-moving consumer goods or similar industries.
- Experience in pesticide biocide registration.
- Education – BS or MS degree in related science.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Leadership and Management – Possesses strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities. Ability to build cohesiveness and trust within the team, balanced with judgment that can make the right decisions and commitment to deliver what is promised.
- Advocacy - Communicates passion and energy for registration and regulatory compliance. Ability to be a strong change agent to move the organization forward.
- Influencing – Ability to influence cross-functional leaders at multiple levels of the organization to drive cultural and process changes across the region.
- Technical – Has deep and broad regulatory knowledge across multiple product categories and countries. Strong knowledge of regional regulatory standards and processes. Knowledge of FIFRA and other biocide/pesticide regulations a plus.
- Strategic - Able to develop and contribute to strategic plans for the regional and global business while also possessing ability to Drive for Results in short term
- Full-time with expectation to be available for calls & meetings across time zones
- Variable domestic and regional travel required, estimated to average 5-10% annually
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.