Electromechanical Technical SpecialistRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15854 Apply
As a Electromechanical Technical Specialist, you will be a multi-craft maintenance technician with the skills to troubleshoot, repair and replace technical components within the manufacturing facility.
This is a 12 hour role night shift role (7p-7a).
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond and assists in recovery and repair of factory installed equipment.
- Troubleshoot failed electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components utilizing basic and advanced problem-solving techniques, will require knowledge of various levels of test equipment up to and including predictive maintenance tools.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance actions utilizing developed standards as prescribed by OEM and engineering specifications, includes minor and major overhauls, calibration, detailed inspections, and basic cleaning and lubricating.
- Complete basic and advanced corrective action repairs supporting safety, quality and equipment reliability.
- Perform tolerance specific fabrication tasks utilizing shop equipment such as mills, lathes, drill press, welding methods, shears, and breaks.
- Ability to utilize computerized maintenance management software such as SAP to review assigned work, generate work requirements, and document detail work completion.
- Support training of autonomous maintenance work groups (equipment operators) in the areas of principles of operation, basic equipment inspection, and routine maintenance activities.
- Participate in basic and advanced problem-solving initiatives intended to support site continual improvement, knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance and or Lean initiatives are desired.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Technical college certification in a related field or Journeyman (HVAC, Electrician, etc.) or two years’ manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot AC & DC drives systems, PLC and electrical controls.
- Working knowledge of motor controls, programmable control logic & input and output.
- Qualified candidates must be legallay authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Proven track record of safe work with demonstrated safety leadership examples.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance in a chemical plant environment.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
- Knowledge of SAP systems as it pertains to maintenance and operations a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- TPM/Lean knowledge and application, including continual improvement process application.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of site teams effectively in oral and written communication.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of External Device Monitoring and Safety Relays.
- Knowledge of electrical standards, i.e. NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, ISO 13984, etc.
- Full-time, 12 hour shifts
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting, up to fifty (50) pounds on a regular basis and up to seventy-five (75) pounds occasionally, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to eight (8) hours daily.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful result.
- Proficient in the use of electrical testing equipment.
- Proactive mind-set, decision making ability and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just in time pressures.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.