Office 365 Solution ArchitectRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10354 Apply
In this position, the successful candidate primarily provides O365, SaaS, and Microsoft-technology architecture and design within the End User Productivity organization. In doing so, using technical knowledge and experience, he/she will orchestrate technology solutions by leveraging, establishing or optimizing building blocks, patterns and services in the applicable technology domains. The individual will work closely with a variety of people to ensure that designs adhere to architectural standards and meet stakeholder expectations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Main responsibilities for the Office 365 Solution Architect include:
- Contribute to strategies and roadmaps from analysis of current state, business drivers, target state and opportunities
- Ensure low-level designs are produced with least risk, least cost, highest operational integrity, and in adherence to architectural practices within SCJ.
- Calibrate technology solutions to industry standards and incorporate opportunities arising from emerging technologies
- Assist in the production of standard, pattern-based solution building blocks that are secure by default, support highest availability and serve to significantly accelerate the production of solution architectures.
- Partners with domain architects to ensure architecture is aligned with upstream and downstream systems.
- Participate in architecture governance and operating model processes.
- Propose improvements and accelerators through introduction of technology innovation and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Remain informed of vendor roadmaps and developments that fall within the scope of the supported technologies.
- Work closely with the colleagues to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders on solution development that will drive technical change.
- Ensure traceability is maintained on all baseline and updated SA documentation on SA department processes, procedures, and work instructions in accordance with established governance expectations.
- Document and present tool and methodology ideas to the product community (Product Owner, Domain Architect, Manager, etc.).
- Produce and/or maintain prescribed architectural artifacts that meet the stated performance and functional requirements.
- Provide technical support throughout the development/engineering process.
- Champion the resolution of architecturally significant issues affecting the platform through personal ownership
- Develop, prioritize, and meet deliverable budgets, schedules, and scope milestones.
- Conduct peer reviews to verify production in accordance with established quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a global enterprise-level organization in an architecture position
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering and architecture roles
- Broad and deep technology knowledge across multiple technologies and platforms such as:
server hardware & virtualization technologies including desktop
Microsoft infrastructure components
Disaster recovery / high availability
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more industry standard frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, or Gartner/meta and associated tools
- Preferred qualifications:
TOGAF 9 certification
Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly
- Ability to analyze complex problems
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to offer guidance to engineers
- Ability to work with and support a globally dispersed team
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.