Executive Administrative AssistantRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23837 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will report to the Vice President, Global Safety Assessment and Regulatory Affairs supporting the GSARA leadership team. The Global Safety Assessment and Regulatory Affairs (GSARA) function is a diverse and dynamic global team of more than 130 people with approximately 60 based in Racine. The team is responsible for ensuring the regulatory compliance, registration and human and environmental safety of all SC Johnson raw materials, finished goods and products in more than 110 countries. This is a dynamic environment, and you must be able to demonstrate high levels of discretion, communication, organization, initiative, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work independently while remaining flexible under pressure and changing priorities. As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you have developed expertise through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. You will be viewed as being a knowledge expert and will coach and mentor others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calendar management, meeting planning/coordination both on-site and off-site, and arranging domestic and international travel
- Exercise utmost confidentiality in handling highly sensitive information; use sound judgment and discretion
- Effectively work cross-functionally as well as independently
- Resolve issues by being resourceful
- Prioritizing workload effectively
- Find new ways to simplify work and increase organization effectiveness
- Interact with, and support, a diverse and dynamic internal and external stakeholder at varying roles and levels
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices; may function as key process owner/driver in a specified area of responsibility
- Learn additional computer software programs as required
- Work outside normal business hours to accommodate peak workloads and urgent projects as the need warrants
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 7 years of administrative experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in proofreading, grammar/punctuation, telephone support, travel management, and pulling/formatting reports
- High degree of professionalism and comfort in dealing with all levels of management, both within and outside the company
- High sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail, thorough follow-up and filing/retrieval of information
- Highly motivated, independent performer that is interested in helping increase the effectiveness of the GSARA organization
- Willingness to go above and beyond to cover the needs of the role
- Ability to anticipate needs with minimal supervision
- Experience supporting senior level leadership preferred
- Full Time
- Core Office Hours (some weekends may be required)
- 0-5% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
- This position is not eligible for remote work
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.