Global Brand Design ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 21436 Apply
As Global Design Manager, you will develop, manage, and deliver effective and compelling design systems and solutions across brand touch points, media and channels for existing brands and expanding portfolios. A successful candidate will champion design and collaborate with cross-disciplinary colleagues to drive quality brand identity, graphics, packaging, and product design consulting with eCommerce and retail environment teams to deliver best in class holistic solutions across the brand ecosystem.
SC Johnson has been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of brand design strategies and brand foundation tools to deliver holistic brand building solutions and drive sustainable growth.
- Lead the end-to-end graphics development process from creative storytelling through production
- Ensure strategic vision solves a business problem successfully, on budget, and on time
- Partner with world-class design and strategic innovation agencies to develop best in class design, as well as global brand equity guidelines
- Train cross-functional team members, pre-media and agency extension partners to ensure all design initiatives are executed with timely relevance against the timeless brand equity
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of packaging graphics experience
- 5+ years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- 3+ years of experience in written and oral presentation of brand design strategy and ideas to senior level and C-suite stakeholders
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master's degree in Graphic Design, Design Strategy, or a closely related field and 3+ years of experience in brand design for the Consumer Product Goods (CPG) industry
- 3 years of experience in two of the following: design thinking, design strategy, user experience
- 5 years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- 3 years of experience in written and oral presentation of brand design strategy and ideas to senior level and C-suite stakeholder
- Display exceptional leadership skills
- Innovative, curious, and collaborative
- Approach design with strategic and creative excellence
- Exhibit conceptual storytelling and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a manner that inspires and motivates others to exceed expectations
- Fluent in print production processes: Pre-press through to production
- Manage complex projects a highly matrixed organization
- Fluent in Design Thinking methodologies and facilitation
- Cooperative work style and strong team player
- Ability to deal with complexity (organizational & project) and manage ambiguity
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
- Fulltime position
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.