Global Compensation LeaderRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11663 Apply
The ideal candidate will be a classically trained compensation expert with deep expertise in all levels of compensation structure. S/he will bring a blend of strategic and operation acumen, such that s/he can devise thoughtful plans and also marshal teams to operate against those plans. This person will also be well-versed in HRIS/Shared Services and capable of offering an informed opinion on systems implementation. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across a broad organization. He/she must bring a high level of enthusiasm and passion to SC Johnson.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the compensation organization’s planning processes, remaining highly attuned to significant risks and opportunities
- Proactively review executive compensation matters and trends; recommend compensation structure and base pay adjustments, annual and long-term cash incentive plan design changes, target bonus levels, and competitive executive benefit programs
- Refine a compensation strategy that attracts superior talent, motivates and retains top performers and is fully aligned with SC Johnson’s business strategy, strategic plan and good governance practices
- Provide expertise, counsel and advice regarding the strategic design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company’s compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentives, deferred compensation programs and preferably executive compensation
- Prepare and present analyses, materials and recommendations to Senior Leadership
- Analyze the company’s compensation programs on an on-going basis relative to market position, compliance, and compensation philosophy
- Ensure all jobs are evaluated /leveled consistently and all salary programs / recommendations, merit budgets/increases and salary structures are aligned for internal equity, market competitiveness and with SC Johnson’s philosophy
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 12+ years’ experience in managing compensation
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred in Business Administration, Human Resources or other similar fields. Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience leading compensation at a company of similar scale and complexity
- Understanding of the competitive environment for attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- Deep knowledge of compensation regulatory, compliance, legislative, and market issues and trends, and a clear understanding of the impact of changes on compensation programs
- A track-record of being able to effectively analyze data using statistical methods and techniques
- Efficient and pragmatic, with the leadership capability to establish parameters and guidelines around a cohesive compensation strategy
- The ability to identify market gaps in all elements of “total global compensation” programs and identify any inconsistencies or irregularities / errors in data, should they exist
- Previous experience designing and administering compensation programs
- Outstanding management capabilities—a track-record of hiring, developing, engaging, and retaining top talent
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate and articulate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective.
Executing for Results
- Sets compelling goals and aggressive schedules for continuous improvement toward maximizing long-term competitive advantage; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to resolution.
- She/he is able to constructively challenge conventional wisdom through education, best in class information, and ongoing analysis.
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves.
Relationships and Influence
- The successful candidate must have a track record of partnering across an organization to deliver innovative strategies and programs in compensation rewards.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.