Global Design ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14440 Apply
In this role as Global Design Manager, you will:
- Develop, manage and deliver effective and compelling design systems and solutions across brand touch points, media and channels for existing brands and expanding portfolio
- Champion design and collaborate with cross-disciplinary colleagues to drive quality brand identity, graphics, packaging, and product design consulting with eCommerce and retail environment teams to deliver best in class holistic solutions across the brand ecosystem
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead development of brand design strategies and brand foundation tools to deliver holistic brand building solutions and drive sustainable growth.
- Lead the end to end graphics and product development process from creative storytelling through production
- Ensure strategic vision solves a business problem successfully, on budget, and on time
- Partner with world-class design and strategic innovation agencies to develop best in class design, as well as global brand equity guidelines
- Train cross-functional team members, pre-media and agency extension partners to ensure all design initiatives are executed with timely relevance against the timeless brand equity
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience in the Consumer Product Goods (CPG) industry. Degree in Graphic Design, Design Strategy or a closely related field required.
- Three years of experience in two of the following: design thinking, design strategy, user experience
- Five years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Three years of experience in written and oral presentation of brand design strategy and ideas to senior level and C-suite stakeholders
- Display Exceptional leadership skills
- Innovative, curious and collaborative
- Approach Design with strategic and creative excellence
- Exhibit conceptual storytelling and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a manner that inspires and motivates others to exceed expectations
- Fluent in print production processes; Pre-press through to production
- Manages complex projects a highly matrixed organization
- Fluent in Design Thinking methodologies and facilitation
- Cooperative work style and strong team player
- Ability to deal with complexity (organizational & project) and manage ambiguity
- Position requires domestic and international travel as needed for consumer research, market study, or agency visits. Up to 15%.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, commuter benefits, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.