Global Information Security Engineer (Eligible for Remote Work Program)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 18865 Apply
This role is eligible for our Remote Work Program. If you live over 100 miles away from Racine, WI - you can stay living where you are now and plan to travel to the Racine office 50% of the time at SCJ's expense.
The Global Information Security (GIS) Engineer will help designing and implementing enterprise security solutions. This role will assist the Global Information Security Solutions leader with the rollout of a robust and formal approach to information security architecture and solution engineering practices across the global environment. The structure of the program will be based on the goals, principles, and strategy of the overall GIS Enterprise Security Strategy.
We are seeking a professional with a background in multiple areas of security architecture and engineering such as Network, Application, Cloud, Mobile, and Endpoint security. This Engineer is responsible for providing input on information security policies, standards, design patterns, operational procedures, and technology strategies. He or she will work collaboratively with the Enterprise Architecture, as well as various product teams to identify security requirements and deliver security integrated solutions. This Engineer will actively collaborate with stakeholders in Infrastructure and Operations, Application Management, and Information Management to ensure alignment and implementation of appropriate security controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellence in technical implementations and project execution for assigned business initiatives, including security analysis and secure delivery approach focused on balanced protection of enterprise assets.
- Actively collaborate with others on the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of complex and highly integrated IT security solutions.
- Develop robust security reference architectures and design patterns.
- Leverage established patterns and available enterprise offerings to drive standardization and simplification of business solutions to maximize value and reduce implementation timelines and costs.
- Promote secure practices through education of teams on secure patterns, standards, and policies.
- Seek out opportunities for early security integration in the solution acquisition and delivery process.
- Proactively contribute to the development of strategic direction, objectives, and key results.
- Act as a technical advisor and subject matter expert to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Stay abreast of latest cyber security threat landscape developments.
- Develop and maintain a superior knowledge of the cyber security capabilities of operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings.
- Proactively build relationships with strategic business partners and end users.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a security engineer with practical experience in development of security design patterns and reference architectures.
- 1+ year of Coding/scripting skills in Python, Golang, Ruby, NodeJS or similar
- Willingness to complete CISSP and CCSP certifications within the first 6 months of employment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Professional Certification – CISSP or equivalent.
- Fundamental understanding of networking, PKI, virtualization, and cloud related concepts.
- Knowledge of one or more industry security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO 27000, ATT&CK, OWASP).
- Demonstrated proficiency with ITIL.
- Prior exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology in a work setting.
- Practical experience with DevSecOps tools, including open source.
- Superior written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and team skills.
- Cloud foundational security, CSA frameworks, and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS proficiency.
- Some experience in development of self-service and automation tools and APIs, as well as custom integrations for security tools.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.