Graphics Shared Services – Business Process ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15785 Apply
The Graphics Shared Services (GrSS) Business Process Manager is the governing process lead within our Center of Excellence (COE) group. The COE provides process and technical workflow expertise, governance of business rules and standard operating procedures, as well as change management.
This position is responsible for process and system improvement leadership that drives, and can demonstrate with data, efficiency and effectiveness across functions involved with graphics. At SCJ, our ability to tell good stories depends on good metrics and this role drives to that goal. This person is also an idea/thought generator based on day-to-day interactions with fellow COE personnel, Global and Local Graphics Managers, end users and cross-functional partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and manage processes and tools for GrSS, including Esko’s WebCenter project management tool
- Operationalize performance and quality metrics, in partnership with OPEX Continuous Improvement group and regional and global business teams, managing input quality and output effectiveness, i.e. artwork reloops, right the first time, cycle time, quality incidents, etc.
- Key interface with IT group, especially with resources dedicated to WebCenter
- Partner with IT to work with third party application development specialists, ensuring Voice of the Customer is integrated into the workflow tools
- Develop mastery of key cross-functional roles as they relate to graphics: Project Managers, RD&E, Procurement, Quality, Product Supply, Legal, Regulatory, IT, Marketing and Design, understanding what they do, what inputs they use, outputs, etc.
- Drive efforts to engage and understand internal customer needs and summarize business requirements; Work to identify, prioritize and manage requirements for current, new and future activities
- Look for automation opportunities, with GrSS process, the WebCenter tool, other tools available within SCJ, or in the marketplace
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes related to GrSS and drive those business changes through to acceptance and implementation
- Prioritize GrSS concerns, proactively seeking solutions to potential roadblocks; Escalate to appropriate leadership as needed
- Lead special projects and process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Conduct surveys and use other measurements to gauge service level and value of GrSS
- Provide recommendations for WebCenter enhancements and process improvements based on learnings from internal cross-functional partners and graphics suppliers - This could include learning about new modules and features from Esko
- Act as business lead for implementation of WebCenter upgrades, new workflows and enhancements that best support the graphics process and SCJ
- Partner with IT on system and user application support needs, roadmap activity and maintenance
- Work closely with OPEX Continuous Improvement group, to ensure all systems touching the graphics process within our ecosystem are wired properly into the organization and that the right tools are being used for the right tasks
- Manage and communicate project status to leadership and publish trackers for consumption by stakeholders and team members
- Act as the GrSS representative for enterprise technology initiatives
- Support graphic process touch points with external agencies and vendors
- Assist IT in supporting the offshore technical third-party resources, educating them, along with SCJ IT, on changes occurring in the COE, with the GrSS operations
- Monitor defect reporting and business enhancement queue for systems roadmaps
- Develop communication strategy and manage communications for graphics process changes that impact system users, working closely with the Global and Local Graphics Managers and teams
- Facilitate communications to user groups for all IT related outages and relevant activities
- Develop materials to illustrate WebCenter interface or functionality changes, partnering with the Training role in the COE to convert those to training materials
Business Analyst Assistance:
- Assist IT by providing requirements, functional design and specifications to IT or outside vendors (e.g. ESKO) for projects, upgrades, patches, interfaces, etc.
- Able to plan and execute testing of application changes - User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Able to articulate/communicate to WebCenter users of changes, improvements, outages, etc.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 7+ years of experience managing business process, metrics, workflow and tools, with strong technical acumen
- 3+ years of experience in representing the business for systems development, partnered with IT, preferably within a CPG or pre-media environment
- 3+ years of data analysis use to solve problems and to build business cases/ROI
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Packaging Workflow knowledge is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Esko’s WebCenter application or similar system
- LEAN/Six Sigma certified preferred
- Marketing Operations experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills to distill complex information, paired with leadership presence to influence cross-functional partners and external vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communications for variety of audiences and cultures (all levels of internal, multi-functional groups and external companies)
This is a full-time first shift position requiring periodic attendance of off-shift calls to interact with the regional GrSS and cross-functions. Travel is not expected and if required, will be very infrequent.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.